From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up ns, nS, or NS in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
NS as an abbreviation can mean:
- Negeri Sembilan, one of the fourteen states in Malaysia
- Novi Sad, a city in Serbia (license plate code)
- Nova Scotia, as the official Canadian postal abbreviation for the province
Government and politics
- Nasjonal Samling, a 1930s Norwegian national socialist political party
- National service, a name for the conscription system of some militaries
- Nazism, also known as "National Socialism" in Germany, the ideology held by, amongst many other political parties, the National Socialist German Workers Party
- New Serbia (Нова Србија or Nova Srbija), a moderate nationalist political party in Serbia
- New Slovenia (also known as Nova Slovenija - Krscanski Ljudska Stranka), a right-of-centre political party in Slovenia
- People's Party (Narodna Stranka), a political party in the Republic of Montenegro
- National Semiconductor (also known as "Natsemi"), an American integrated circuit design and manufacturing company
- Nederlandse Spoorwegen, the main public transport railway company in the Netherlands
- Norfolk Southern Railway, a major Class I railroad in the United States, owned by the Norfolk Southern Corporation
- Norfolk Southern Railway, the final name of a railroad running in Virginia and North Carolina before its acquisition by the Southern Railway in 1974
Computing and computer gaming
- Name server, a computer server that implements a name service protocol
- NS record, a DNS record type
- Namespace, an abstract container used in computing
- Natural Selection (video game), a mod for the game Half-life
- NetStorm: Islands At War, a real-time strategy game published in 1997 by Activision
- NeXTSTEP, an object-oriented, multitasking operating system by NeXT, as well as a prefix for certain system-provided classes in the operating system, such as "NSString"
- ns (simulator) (or "ns-2"), a popular open source network simulator
- Jennifer Government: NationStates, a web-based simulation game
- New Spring (known to fans as "NS"), a 1999 anthology edited by Robert Silverberg and derivative 2004 novella by Robert Jordan
- NS-series robots from the book I, Robot
Science and history
- New Style (as "N.S."), indicating either a date in the Julian Calendar with the start of year adjusted to 1 January or a date in the Gregorian calendar
- Nanosecond (abbreviated "ns"), a measure of time
- Normal saline, a solution of sodium chloride used in intravenous drips
- Neutron star, a star formed from the collapsed remnant of a massive star
- No significant difference, when differences between categories are smaller than the amount of error/noise in the data
- Nervous system, the system of neurons that coordinates the actions of an organism
- Nederlandse Spoorwegen, the principal passenger railway operator in the Netherlands.
- a ship prefix for civilian ship names meaning "Nuclear Ship"
- a code for "non-smoking" designating that tobacco smoking is not permitted
- Narcissistic supply
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.