NTEN: The Nonprofit Technology Enterprise Network
|CEO||Amy Sample Ward|
|Offices||Portland, OR, United States;|
NTEN: The Nonprofit Technology Enterprise Network is an international nonprofit organization based in the United States. Founded in 2000, NTEN is primarily a community for those interested in the use of technology to support nonprofit organizations and issues. Its major activity is an annual international conference, called the Nonprofit Technology Conference, for nonprofit organizations, IT staff, consultants, and technology vendors. It also hosts various virtual and regional events throughout the year.
NTEN is the trade association for nonprofit technology assistance providers. Described in the Nonprofit Quarterly as "One of the more recent and potentially powerful networks evolving in the nonprofit technology-assistance scene", NTEN provides forums for people involved in nonprofit technology, acts as a conduit for connecting journalists and researchers with nonprofit technology practitioners, makes technology information and resources available to organizations and undertakes research for the sector. N-Ten also runs the annual Nonprofit Technology Conference (NTC) in the USA as well as co-hosting other events, including the first Circuit Rider Conference in the UK.
According to NTEN's website:
NTEN aspires to a world where all nonprofits can skillfully and confidently use technology to meet community needs for responsive and humane social services, social equity and opportunity, a healthy natural environment, or the challenge and illumination of art.
NTEN facilitates the exchange of knowledge and information within our community. We connect our members to each other, provide professional development opportunities, educate our constituency on issues of technology use in nonprofits, and spearhead research, advocacy, and education on technology issues affecting our entire community.
NTEN hosts an annual Nonprofit Technology Conference in the US. Attracting attendance from over 2000 participants in 2011.
- Nonprofit technology
- 501 Tech Clubs
- Circuit rider (Technology)
- Community of practice
- Nicole P. Marwell, Paul-Brian McInerney, The Nonprofit/For-Profit Continuum: Theorizing the Dynamics of Mixed-Form Markets Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, vol. 34, no. 1, March 2005 pp. 7-28
- Marc Osten and Mary F. Weis, Developing Enabling Networks and Systems of Support, The Nonprofit Quarterly, v 7, i 1, Summer 2000.
- Technology (A Special Report), The Wall Street Journal, 2006-11-27
- Circuit Riders In the UK from London Advice Services Alliance. Retrieved 2007-03-23.
- About statement from NTEN's website. Retrieved 2007-03-23.
- NTC 2007 from the Nonprofit Technology Enterprise Network website. Retrieved 2007-03-23.