|Na. Muthukumar (Kavi ilavarasan)|
July 13, 1975 |
Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu, India
|Occupation||Poet, lyricist, writer, novelist|
Na. Muthukumar is a Tamil poet, columnist and lyricist. He mainly works as a lyricist for Tamil film industry and his works include chartbuster hit songs like Balleilakka, En Kadhal Solla and Oru Kal Oru Kannadi.
Muthukumar began his career wanting to be a director and worked under Balu Mahendra for four years. But then he became a lyricist, beginning with the lyrics for the songs of the Tamil film Veera Nadai, directed by Seeman. Though Veera nadai is the first film he wrote the lyrics it released as 32nd movie. He worked with almost every contemporary Tamil film music composer and is currently one of the most important and busiest writers in the Tamil film industry. Mostly he has worked together with Yuvan Shankar Raja and wrote lyrics to the songs, he composed. He turned dialogue writer for the Tamil film Kireedam (2007), directed by A. L. Vijay.
As a major achievement to his career, he had written nearly 103 songs in 2012, not even the legendary writers have written as many songs in a single year.
As a toddler he lived in Kannikapuram a village in Kanchipuram. At the age of four he lost his mother and books have been his constant companion. On 14 June 2006, he got married to Jeevalakshmi at the JS Marriage Hall in Vadapalani in Chennai.
- 7G Rainbow Colony
- Sivaji: The Boss
- Katrathu Thamizh
- Azhagai Irukkirai Bayamai Irukkirathu
- Kaadhal Kondein
- Azhagiya Thamizh Magan
- Satham Podathey
- Santhosh Subramaniam
- Vaaranam Aayiram
- Siva Manasula Sakthi
- Yaaradi Nee Mohini
- Angadi Theru
- Naan Mahaan Alla
- Rakta Charitra (Only for the Tamil version)
- Engeyum Kaadhal
- Avan Ivan
- Poi Solla Porom
- Deiva Thirumagal
- Vanthaan Vendraan
- Vazhakku Enn 18/9
- Billa II
- Neethaane En Ponvasantham
- Ammavin Kaipesi
- Moondru Per Moondru Kaadhal
- Vanakkam Chennai
- Thanga Meengal
- Ennathan pesuvatho
- Pattampoochi Virpavan (Poems)
- Newtonin Moondram Vidhi (Poems collection)
- Graamam Nagaram Maanagaram (Essays)
- AAna AAvanna (Poems)
- Ennai Sandhikka kanavil Varathe (Poems)
- Silk City (Novel)
- Bala Kandam (Essays)
- Anilaadum Mundril (essay about the relationship with his father which was serialised in Ananda vikadan)
- 2005: Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Lyricist - Ghajini
- 2006: Filmfare Best Lyricist Award (Tamil) - Veyil
- 2007: Vijay Award for Best Lyricist - Sivaji: The Boss
- 2009: Vijay Award for Best Lyricist - Siva Manasula Sakthi
- 2009: Filmfare Best Lyricist Award (Tamil) - Ayan
- 2010: Vijay Music Award for Best Lyricist - Veppam
- 2011: SIIMA Award for Best Lyricist for "Un Pera Theriyathe" - Engaeyum Eppothum
- Pending—2012: SIIMA Award for Best Lyricist for "Oru Paathi" - Thaandavam
- 2013: National Film Award for Best Lyrics for "Ananda Yaazhai" - Thangameengal
- "The Lyricist who rocks". Behindwoods. Retrieved 2009-04-16.
- "Pearls of emotions". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 2007-02-02. Retrieved 2009-04-16.
- "Lyricist Na. Muthukumar's amazing century". Behindwoods. Retrieved 2012-12-28.
- MALATHI RANGARAJAN (February 7, 2013). "Life's a lyric". Chennai. The Hindu. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Na Muthukumar weds – function and pics". cinesouth.com. Retrieved 2009-04-16.