|District||Kampala Capital City Authority|
|Elevation||3,900 ft (1,200 m)|
Naakulabye is located in Lubaga Division, in northwestern Kampala. It is bordered by Makerere Kikoni to the north, Makerere University Main Campus to the northeast and east, Old Kampala to the southeast, Namirembe Hill to the south, Lusaze to the west and Kasubi to the northwest. This location is approximately 1 mile (1.6 km), by road, north of Kampala's central business district. The coordinates of Naakulabye are:0°19'30.0"N, 32°33'36.0"E (Latitude:0.3250; Longitude:32.5600).
Naakulabye is a working-class neighborhood, centered around the confluence of the Kampala-Hoima Road Southbound, Kampala-Hoima Road Northbound, Makerere Hill Road and Balintuma Road. There is a busy farmers market, numerous shops, bars and restaurants. Near the main roads, there are decent buildings. including several high-rise student hostels. As one ventures deeper into the neighborhood, the environment degrades into one of Kampala's biggest slums. Crime is high in the area, consistent with similarly congested, low-income areas of Kampala.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within or near Naakulabye:
- Naakulabye Central Market
- The Kampala-Hoima Highway - The highway passes through the middle of the neighborhood in a north to south direction
- A branch of Barclays Bank
- A branch of Equity Bank (Uganda)
- A branch of Opportunity Uganda Limited
- Exodus Christian Church - A place of worship affiliated with the Pentecostal Movement
- Delta Petrol Station
- Tumusiime, Abdulaziizi (25 December 2013). "Know Your Hood: Nakulabye, Where The King Saw The Troublemakers". Daily Monitor. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Central Kampala And Naakulabye With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Naakulabye At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- Newvision, Archive (23 August 2007). "Comment: Make Village IDs Compulsory". New Vision. Retrieved 20 June 2014.