The village (dark green) and the statistical district (light green) of Naaldwijk in the municipality of Westland.
|Population (January 2011)||18,858|
Naaldwijk lies in the heart of Westland. The largest economic sector is greenhouse horticulture. The largest flower auction site in the world, operated by FloraHolland (nl), can be found in the nearby village of Honselersdijk.
Naaldwijk was previously a municipality in its own right, covering an area of 25.33 km² (of which 0.23 km² water). It included the towns Honselersdijk and Maasdijk.
On 1 January 2004 the municipality of Naaldwijk was merged with the neighbouring municipalities De Lier, 's-Gravenzande, Monster, and Wateringen to create the municipality of Westland. Naaldwijk is now the administrative capital of Westland.
Areas and neighbourhoods
- Woerdblok (Waterwijk, Zandstrand, Zandheuvel, Waterrijk)
Born in Naaldwijk
- Teun A. van Dijk (7 May 1943), discourse analyst
- Jack Middelburg (April 30, 1952 –April 3, 1984) was a former Grand Prix motorcycle road racer
- Marc Lankhorst (19 December 1968), computer scientist
- Anneliese van der Pol (23 September 1984), actress and singer
- Guus Vogels (26 March 1975), hockey international
Monument voor de Gevallenen by Mari Andriessen
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Statline: Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2003-2005. As of 1 January 2005.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Naaldwijk.|
|This South Holland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|