Nabadwip (community development block)
নবদ্বীপ সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||98.01 km2 (37.84 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,200/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Krishnanagar|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Nabadwip|
Nabadwip (community development block) is an administrative division in Krishnanagar Sadar subdivision of Nadia district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Nabadwip police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Maheshganj. There are three census towns in this block: Bablari Dewanganj, Char Maijdia and Char Brahmanagar.
Maheshganj is located at.
Gram panchayats of Nabadwip block/ panchayat samiti are: Bablari Dewanganj, Char Majdia Char Brahmanagar, Fakirdanga-Gholapara, Mahisura, Majdia-Pansila, Mayapur-Bamanpukur I, Mayapur-Bamanpukur II and Swarupganj.
As per 2001 census, Nabadwip block had a total population of 121,793, out of which 62,765 were males and 59,028 were females. Nabadwip block registered a population growth of 16.51 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 19.51 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Nadia district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Nadia district (10). Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Nadia district". NREGA activities - Block Performance MIS vs MPR. Nadia district administration. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2012-04-12.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". SOES. Retrieved 2011-03-25.