|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|No. of offices||Five|
|No. of lawyers||Approximately 505|
|No. of employees||Approximately 890|
|Major practice areas||General practice|
|Revenue||£116.30 million (2012/13)|
|Profit per equity partner||£430,000 (2012/13)|
|Date founded||1958 (London)|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
Nabarro LLP is an international law firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom. In 2012/13 it achieved total revenues of £116.3 million, making it the 28th-largest UK-based law firm by this measurement, and profits per equity partner of £430,000. It is part of an international alliance with other independent law firms covering Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the UK.
The origins of Nabarro go back to just after the Second World War. By 1958 the principals Leslie Nathanson, Felix Nabarro and his brother Alan Nabarro had merged their firms to form an eight partner, 60 employee firm dealing with property, litigation, company commercial and family law work under the name Nabarro Nathanson. In 1990 Nabarro Nathanson acquired the legal team of the British Coal Corporation, which comprised 125 lawyers. In the same year the firm established an alliance with the U.S.-based law firm Weil, Gotshal & Manges, which was dissolved in 1995. In 1993 Nabarro Nathanson was criticised for the level of fees which it received in connection with the insolvency of Mirror Group Newspapers. Various mergers and office moves in the West End of London culminated in a move in November 1999 to Holborn near the Inns of Court in central London.
In February 2007 the firm changed its name from Nabarro Nathanson to Nabarro and launched its new brand with an associated strapline Clarity Matters. In January 2008 Nabarro partners voted in favour of the firm converting to a limited liability partnership, with the change occurring in March of that year.
In July 2009, Nabarro was named as one of sixteen preferred advisers to Banco Santander, following a recent shake-up of the company's external advisers.
Main practice areas
Nabarro's main practice areas include:
- Banking & Finance
- Construction & Engineering
- Dispute Resolution
- EU, Competition & Trade
- Funds & Indirect Real Estate
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate
- Restructuring & Insolvency
Nabarro has offices in London, Sheffield, Brussels, Singapore and Dubai.
- "Contact Us". Nabarro LLP. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "Nabarro". The Lawyer. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "The Lawyer UK 200 Preview: Come on, united". The Lawyer. 12 August 2013. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- "British Coal". The Lawyer. 13 September 1994. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "Under pressure...". The Lawyer. 6 October 1997. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "Weil Gotshal limbers up for all-out assault on City firms". The Lawyer. 6 November 1996. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "MPs condemn firms over Maxwell insolvency fees". The Independent. 25 July 1993. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "Nabarro". The Lawyer. 15 October 2007. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "Nabarro to join LLP ranks after partners vote to convert within next six months". Legal Week. 31 Jan 2008. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "Santander and JP Morgan put legal advisers under review". Legalweek. 2009-07-09. Retrieved 2010-03-11.
- "Services & Sectors". Nabarro LLP. Retrieved 24 January 2011.