Chadli playing for Twente in 2011
|Full name||Nacer Chadli|
|Date of birth||2 August 1989|
|Place of birth||Liège, Belgium|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Current club||Tottenham Hotspur|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 December 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Chadli played his youth football at JS Thier-à-Liège, Standard Liège and MVV Maastricht. In the summer of 2007, he was contracted by Dutch second division club AGOVV Apeldoorn, who scouted him at MVV's youth academy. Here he was considered an emerging talent. When Chadli was tested for the first time by AGOVV, he went under the alias "Kaliffe", because technical manager Ted van Leeuwen was afraid other clubs would show their interest. Chadli scored his first goal in professional football for AGOVV, in a match against FC Volendam.
In the summer of 2010, Chadli signed with FC Twente, and in the ensuing season became a first team player for the then reigning Eredivisie champions. His first Eredivisie goal was the winning one away at title rivals PSV. He made his European and Champions League debut in a 2-2 home draw against Internazionale on 14 September. On 29 September he scored his first Champions League goal away at Tottenham Hotspur, and on 2 November got his second at Werder Bremen. He scored against Tottenham Hotspur with a free kick on 7 December in the Champions league.
On 21 July 2013, Tottenham Hotspur agreed a deal with Twente to sign Chadli for a fee of £7 million. The club confirmed that subject to agreement of personal terms and a medical Chadli would join up with the squad for pre-season training in Hong Kong. On 23 July, the club confirmed that Chadli had joined the squad which was participating in training sessions prior to the club taking part in the 2013 Premier League Asia Trophy. Chadli finally agreed terms on 26 July and became an official Tottenham player. He made his Spurs debut in a 5–2 friendly defeat to Monaco on 3 August. He made his Premier League debut at 18 August 2013 against Crystal Palace in a 1–0 win.
A dual citizen of Belgium and Morocco, Chadli was thus able to represent either nation. On 28 January 2011, he announced his intention to represent Belgium at international level, and made his debut for the national squad for a 9 February friendly match against Finland.
|1.||29 March 2011||King Baudouin Stadium, Brussels, Belgium||Azerbaijan||
||UEFA Euro 2012 qualification|
|2.||29 February 2012||Pankritiko Stadium, Heraklion, Crete||Greece||
- "Barclays Premier League Squad Numbers 2013/14". Premier League. 16 August 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- Nacer Chadli profile at Atlas-Lions (Dutch)
- FC Twente swoop for Rosales and Chadli
- "FC Twente 2 Inter Milan 2: match report". The Daily Telegraph (London). 14 September 2010.
- Liew, Jonathan (29 September 2010). "Tottenham Hotspur v FC Twente: as it happened". The Daily Telegraph (London).
- Chadli Deal Agreed, Tottenham Hotspur, 21 July 2013
- deal agreed THFC website, Accessed 25 July 2013
- in HK - Nacer trains with the squad THFC website, Accessed 25 July 2013
- On 25 September, he scored his first goal for Tottenham in a 4-0 league cup victory over Aston Villa Chadli Deal Agreed, Tottenham Hotspur, 26 July 2013
- "Chadli kiest voor België" (in Dutch). De Telegraaf. 28 January 2010. Retrieved 29 January 2010.
- "Moroccan international Chadli pledges future to Belgium". BBC Sport. 4 February 2011. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
- "Nacer Chadli completes Tottenham switch after passing medical and agreeing terms". Sky Sports. 26 July 2013. Retrieved 26 July 2013.