||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2010)|
|Genre||Dance reality television|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||145 (first 6 seasons)|
|Production company(s)||Wizcraft International|
|Original channel||STAR One (seasons 1–2)
STAR Plus (seasons 3–6)
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original run||2005 – present|
|Followed by||Hans Baliye|
Nach Baliye ('Nach' means Dance and 'Baliye' means partner or mate) is a dance, reality-television series on the Indian STAR Plus channel. The contestants are couples (called 'jodis' in Hindi) who are television stars. The first and second season aired on Star One and then shifted to Star Plus. Its name in Punjabi is inspired by a song from the Bollywood film Bunty Aur Babli (2005).
The show is a competition wherein 10 television celebrity couples compete against each other. Contestants dance to a different tune, different theme and different styles every week and scores are given by the judges. Each week one couple is eliminated based on public voting and their scores.
Nach Baliye 1
- Supriya Pilgaonkar & Sachin Pilgaonkar, Winner
- Poonam Narula & Manish Goel, Runner-up
- Rajeshwari Sachdev & Varun Badola, 3rd Position
- Delnaaz Irani & Rajeev Paul, 4th Position
- Archana Puran Singh & Parmeet Sethi, 5th Position
- Shilpa Sakhlani & Apurva Agnihotri, 6th Position
- Neeru Bajwa & Amit Sadh, 7th Position
- Sai Deodhar & Shakti Anand, 8th Position
- Manini Mishra & Mihir Mishra, 9th Position
- Manasi Joshi & Rohit Roy, 10th position
Nach Baliye 2
Nach Bailye 2 started on 25 September 2006, and ended on 18 December, 2006, with Tina and Hussain Kuwajerwala as winners.
- Tina and Hussain Kuwajerwala, Winner
- Gouri Tonk & Yash Tonk, Runner-up
- Tanaaz Currim & Bakhtiyaar Irani, 3rd Position
- Gauri Pradhan Tejwani & Hiten Tejwani, 4th Position
- Shweta Kawatra & Manav Gohil, 5th Position
- Shweta Tiwari & Raja Choudhary, 6th Position
- Gurdeep Kohli & Arjun, 7th Position
- Kirti Gaikwad & Sharad Kelkar, 8th Position
- Narayani Shastri & Gaurav Chopra, 9th Position
- Ketki Dave & Rasik, 10th Position
Nach Baliye 3
Nach Bailye 3 started on 21 September 2007 and ended on 22 December 2007, with Sanjeeda Sheikh and Aamir Ali as winners. The shows were hosted by Hussain Kuwajerwala and Tina Kuwajerwala with Isha Koppikar, David Dhawan and Vaibhavi Merchant participating as the judges.
- Sanjeeda Sheikh & Aamir Ali, Winners
- Rakhi Sawant & Abhishek Avasthi, Runners-up
- Kashmira Shah & Krishna Abhishek, 3rd Position
- Karan Patel & Amita Chandekar, 4th Position
- Indraneil Sengupta & Barkha Bisht, 5th Position
- Sweta Keswani & Alexx O' Neil, 6th Position
- Pooja Bedi & Hanif Hilal, 7th Position
- Karan Grover & Kavita Kaushik, 8th Position
- Amita Sethi & Vikas Sethi, 9th Position
- Kiran Janjani & Ritu Janjani, 10th Position
- Shakti Kapoor & Shivangi Kapoor, Did not complete the series
Nach Baliye 4
Nach Bailye 4 started on 17 October 2008 in India and the United States. The broadcast of the series began on 3 January 2009 in the United Kingdom. It finished on 1 February 2009 in India, with Shaleen and Daljit as winners.
Nach Baliye 5
Nach Baliye Shriman v/s Shrimati
Nach Baliye Shriman v/s Shrimati is an extension of the ‘Nach Baliye’ series, and ran in April 2012. In Shriman vs Shrimati, the jodis (celebrity couples) did not dance together but instead competed against each other.
Nach Baliye 6
The sixth season of Nach Baliye premiered starting from November 9, 2013 on Star Plus channel, airing on Saturday and Sunday evenings. Eleven celebrity couples competed in the series.
- "Star One launches star-studded dance show Nach Baliye".
- "'Nach Baliye' opens well for Star One".
- "Meet the jodies of Nach Baliye 4". Retrieved January 7, 2010.
- "Rithvik Dhanjani and Asha Negi are Winners of Nach Baliye 6". Retrieved 1 February 2014.