Nacha Pop was a Spanish pop/rock group active from 1978 to 1988.
The band was formed by Antonio Vega and Nacho García Vega (guitars and vocals), Carlos Brooking (bass) and Ñete (drums). They signed with Spanish EMI subsidiary Hispavox in 1980, and their debut album was produced by Teddy Bautista. Several albums followed, including 1987's El Momento, which was produced by Carlos Narea. Their final concerts took place on October 19 and 20, 1988, after which the group disbanded.
In 1987, Nacha Pop released what would be her most successful album at the time El Momento, it contained several hit singles, that became a huge success in Spain, Argentina and Mexico, emphasizing the New Wave track, Persiguiendo Sombras and the big success Lucha De Gigantes, both songs climbed to the top of the charts in Spain and Mexico during 1987 and 1988, actually the band made a massive concert at Plaza México; which became their first live performance ever in LatinAmerica.
Nacha Pop were to reunite in 2007. Antonio Vega died in Madrid on May 12, 2009 of lung cancer at age 51.
- Nacha Pop (EMI-Hispavox, 1980)
- Buena disposición (EMI-Hispavox, 1982)
- Más números, otras Letras (DRO, 1983)
- Una décima de segundo (DRO, 1984). Maxi-single.
- Dibujos animados (Polydor, 1985)
- El momento (Polydor, 1987)
- 80-88 (Polydor, 1988).
- Bravo (1996).
- Lo mejor de Nacha Pop - Rico - Antonio Vega (1997)
- Un día cualquiera: colección de canciones (2003)
- La Más Completa Colección Nacha Pop (2005)