April 6, 1977
Cabezón de la Sal, Cantabria
|Occupation||film director, film actor, screenwriter|
In addition to receiving an Academy Award nomination and a Best Short Film Award nomination at the European Film Awards, Vigalondo's 2003 short film 7:35 de la Mañana received the Bronze Moon of Valencia at the Cinema Jove – Valencia International Film Festival and the Prix UIP Drama at the Drama Short Film Festival.
Vigalondo revealed on his official blog that his next film would be a Spanish-language alien invasion horror entitled Extraterrestre. "Scifi Latino"[who?] translates the plot: "Vigalondo writes that this will not be like a War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise, where a regular person manages to somehow closely witness all major invasion events. He writes that most people will experience a global alien invasion without even knowing it has happened, by listening to rumors, or engaging in pointless activities. Hence Extraterrestre."
Vigalondo has completed a script that will be a twist on the Kaiju genre and an homage for the Godzilla franchise. Vigalondo's plans are to deliver a serious film with "old school" practical effects on a low budget.
- Timecrimes (2007) - Director / Writer
- Extraterrestrial (2011) - Director / Writer / Producer
- Open Windows (2014) - Director / Writer
- V/H/S: Viral (2014) - Director (segment)
- Crossing Europe
- Nacho Vigalondo – Awards
- “Time Crimes” Giveaway
- 'Timecrimes' Director Prepping 'Extraterrestrial'
- Anderton, Ethan (19 May 2011). "'Timecrimes' Director Adapting Mark Millar's Comic Book 'Supercrooks'". First Showing. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
Bleeding Cool reports Timecrimes director Nacho Vigalondo will be at the helm of an adaptation of the forthcoming comic book Supercrooks from Marvel Icon.
- Squires, John (September 23, 2014). "Nacho Vigalondo Wants to Make an Old School Kaiju Movie". Dread Central.
|This article about a Spanish film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Spanish actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|