Nadja Michael (born 1969) is a German opera singer with an active international career singing leading soprano roles. Her mother's great-aunt was the soprano Erna Sack.
She was born near Leipzig in Wurzen, then East Germany, and studied in Stuttgart and at the Jacobs School of Music (Indiana University). She began her career as a mezzo-soprano but became a soprano in April 2005. Michael has appeared at La Scala (Salome, 2007), Royal Opera House, Covent Garden (Salome, 2008), Vienna State Opera (Fidelio), Arena di Verona, Glyndebourne, Salzburg, Munich (Macbeth and Medea in Corinto), Brussels (Médée, 2008), Chicago (Macbeth, 2010), and Berlin (Wozzeck, under Daniel Barenboim, 2011).
In 2012, Michael made her Metropolitan Opera debut, as Lady Macbeth, opposite Thomas Hampson and Dimitri Pittas. She resides in Berlin.
- Bizet: Carmen (Teatro di San Carlo, Naples; Amsellem, Larin, G. Baker; Oren, Corsicato, 2001) [live] Planeta de Agostini
- Verdi: Don Carlos [as Princesse Eboli] (Vienna State Opera, Vienna; Tamar, Vargas, Skovhus, Miles; de Billy, Konwitschny, 2003) [live] TDK
- Puccini: Tosca (Bregenzer Festspiele; Todorovich, Saks; Schirmer, Breisach, 2007) [live] Naxos
- Strauss: Salome (La Scala; Vermillion, Bronder, Struckmann; Harding, Bondy, 2007) [live] TDK
- Strauss: Salome (Royal Opera House; T.Moser, Volle; P.Jordan, McVicar, 2008) [live] Opus Arte
- Mayr: Medea in Corinto (Bavarian State Opera; Vargas, Miles; Bolton, Neuenfels, 2010) [live] Arthaus