March 16, 1929 |
In 1955, she acted opposite O.W. Fischer in the film, Ich suche Dich, which is based on a play by A.J. Cronin. Her international breakthrough role was that of Rosemarie Nitribitt in the 1958 German movie, Rosemary (1958).
Tiller married actor Walter Giller in 1956; they had a son and a daughter. Giller died of cancer in 2011, aged 84.
- Ich suche Dich (1956)
- La Tour, prends garde ! (1958)
- Rosemary (1958)
- The Buddenbrooks (1958)
- The Night Affair (1958)
- Labyrinth (1959)
- The Rough and the Smooth (1959)
- No Orchids for Lulu (1962)
- The Burning Court (1962)
- Pleins feux sur Stanislas (1965)
- Lady Hamilton (1969)
- Es muss nicht immer Kaviar sein (TV series) (1977)
- Barfuss (2005)
Decorations and awards
- 1956: Golden Mask for best young actress
- 1959: Italian Film Awards (Biennale) for The Girl Rosemarie
- 1960: Film Award in Silver for Best Actress for Labyrinth
- 1963: Premio saci, Argentinean Film Award for Moral 63
- 1979: Film Award in Gold for many years of excellent work in the German film industry
- 1999: Platinum Romy for lifetime achievement
- 1999: Medal of the Austrian capital Vienna
- 1999: Austrian Cross of Honour for Science and Art, 1st class
- 2000: Merit Cross on Ribbon of the Federal Republic of Germany (Verdienstkreuz am Bande)
- 2005: DIVA Award in the category "Lifetime Award (Hall of Fame)" Lifetime Achievement
- 2006: Bambi in the category "lifetime achievement"
- 2009: Askania Award for cinematic work (with Walter Giller)
- Bock, Hans-Michael Bock & Bergfelder, Tim. The concise Cinegraph: encyclopaedia of German cinema, pp. 476-77 (2009); ISBN 978-1-57181-655-9
- Nadja Tiller wird 80 Jahre alt (9 March 2009)
- "Reply to a parliamentary question" (pdf) (in German). p. 1288. Retrieved 27 December 2012.