Nagai City Hall
Location of Nagai in Yamagata Prefecture
|• Total||214.69 km2 (82.89 sq mi)|
|Population (November 2013)|
|• Density||133/km2 (340/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|Address||5-1 Mamanoue, Nagai-shi, Yamagata-ken 993-8601|
Nagai has a humid continental climate (Köppen climate classification Dfa) with very warm summers and cool winters. Precipitation is plentiful throughout the year, although the months from February to June have somewhat less rainfall.
The area of present-day Nagai was part of Dewa Province. The modern city of Nagai was founded on November 15, 1954.
The economy of Nagai is based on agriculture and light manufacturing.
- JR East - Yonesaka Line
- Yamagata Railway Company - Flower Nagai Line
Twin towns — Sister cities
- - Bad Säckingen, Waldshut, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, since May 8, 1983
- – Shuangyashan, Heilongjiang, China, since May 21, 1992
Notable people from Nagai
- Hirofumi Watanabe, professional soccer player
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nagai, Yamagata.|
- Official website (Japanese)