Memorial Park and main street
|Population||143 (2011 census)|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Strathbogie|
Nagambie // is a town in Victoria, Australia. The town is on the Goulburn Valley Highway north of Seymour and in the Shire of Strathbogie. At the 2011 census, Nagambie had a population of 1,548.
Nagambie sits on the shores of Lake Nagambie, an artificial lake created by the Goulburn Weir in 1891, where rowing regattas and waterskiing tournaments are held.The town holds the Australian Rowing Championships semi-regularly.
The town hosts the Goulburn Valley Vintage Festival in March each year, and the Shiraz Challenge in November. A number of wineries are situated in the area, including Mitchelton, Tahbilk and Preece. Preece and Mitchelton belong to the Lion Nathan Wine group.
The Goulburn Valley Highway was originally routed through the centre of Nagambie, bringing often large volumes of through traffic from Melbourne and Seymour en route to Shepparton and southern New South Wales.
The town was bypassed in 2013 with the completion of the freeway standard road routed on the eastern side of the town, from the previous limit of the freeway, to 6 km north of Nagambie.
The effect of the removal of the through traffic is a dramatically quieter environment. Business and trade in the town generated by vehicle stops has also dried up, this is expected to taken up by a petrol station & fast food complex to be located on north and southbound locations on the bypass freeway.
It is now possible to travel from Melbourne to Shepparton on a freeway standard road without travelling through any of the towns previously served by the Hume and Goulburn Valley highways.
Nagambie has a Catholic school and a Public School.
Golfers play at the course of the Nagambie Golf Club on Goulburn Valley Highway.
Nagambie was the birthplace of the champion racehorse Black Caviar.
- Shepparton News
- Seymour Telegraph
COMMUNITY RADIO heard in Nagambie:
- 103.9 - 103.9 FM (Community Radio for Northern Mitchell Shire & Strathbogie Shire))
- 88.0 - The Range (Country Music)
- 87.6 - Hit Radio (Youth Radio)
SHEPPARTON RADIO heard in Nagambie
- 94.5 - Triple J (ABC)
- 95.3 - 3SR FM
- 96.1 - ABC Classic FM
- 96.9 - STAR FM
- 97.7 - ABC Radio 1
- 98.5 - ONE FM (Shepparton Community Radio)
- PRIME (Incl: 7two, 7mate)
- WIN (Incl: Gem, GO!)
- TEN (Incl: 11, One)
- ABC (Incl: ABC2, ABC3, NEWS24)
- SBS (Incl: SBS 2, NITV)
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Nagambie (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- Macquarie Dictionary, Fourth Edition (2005). Melbourne, The Macquarie Library Pty Ltd. ISBN 1-876429-14-3
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 2008-04-11
- Bob Whitehead (2008), Tocumwal Railway Centenary
- Australian Rowing Championships
- Mitchelton (Nagambie, Vic)
-  (Nagambie, Vic)
- Preece (Nagambie, Vic)
- Full Points Footy, Nagambie, retrieved 2008-07-25[dead link]
- Golf Select, Nagambie, retrieved 2009-05-11
Media related to Nagambie, Victoria at Wikimedia Commons