Nagmamahal Kapamilya was a program by ABS-CBN Entertainment that aired on The Filipino Channel (TFC). It was canceled after one season.
- 1 Episodes
- 1.1 Sikat Pinoy Part 3 (October 21, 2006)
- 1.2 Hong Kong Village (October 14, 2006)
- 1.3 Ellen of Oh Tokyo! (October 7, 2006)
- 1.4 Edna Sakine (replay with update) (September 30, 2006)
- 1.5 Rene and Luisa (August 5, 2006)
- 1.6 Monica Bauer and Yolly Montoya Story (July 29, 2006)
- 1.7 Paz Pejoro Story (July 8, 2006)
- 2 External links
Sikat Pinoy Part 3 (October 21, 2006)
A documentary magazine special on popular and intriguing Pinoys:
- American half-Pinoy, half-Greek wrestling superstar Dave Batista will be coming back this October but instead of what has been featured about him before, this time, we'll get to know about his relatives and his Filipina wife.
- Experiential journey with good looking Fil-Am, David Poarch who chose to leave his luxurious life in the U.S. to experience being Filipino in Subic. His personal blog is http://coconuter.blogspot.com.
- Kathleen de Leon, the Filipino member of Hi-5 in Nickelodeon, and
- Melchirsel Bakery, a Filipino family who introduced pandesal, pan de coco, in Australia.
Hong Kong Village (October 14, 2006)
A tale of three sisters and how they struggled and eventually triumphed in Hong Kong. Marife is the eldest of the Luzon family and she was the first Filipina in her village in Calapan to go abroad. She has inspired the other Pinays in the neighborhood to go to Hong Kong. Thus, her village became known as the Hong Kong Village. Her two younger sisters followed suit, Olympia and Mylene. Tragedy struck Mylene as she was diagnosed to have SARS. She is the first Filipina to be afflicted with it. Marife and Olympia remained strong for Mylene. When Mylene came back to their Hong Kong Village, the village that once expressed gratitude to their family, now condemns and outcasts them.
- Writer: Arah Badaios
- Director: Gilbert Perez
- Cast: Aiza Marquez, Jodi Sta. Maria, Desiree del Valle
Ellen of Oh Tokyo! (October 7, 2006)
This is a success story of Ellen, who from birth often makes mistakes in life but eventually becomes victorious because of her pure heart and her clumsiness. Showcasing the inspiring events that led way to her becoming an international reporter and getting the most unexpected success of all, that is the love of her life, this story teaches us that character cannot be developed in ease and quiet and that only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved.
- Writer: John Roque
- Director: Aloy Adlawan
- Cast: Toni Gonzaga (as Ellen), Zanjoe Marudo (as Ellen's husband), Susan Africa (Ellen’s mother), Noni Buencamino (Ellen’s father)
Edna Sakine (replay with update) (September 30, 2006)
The story of a mother’s web of lies and broken promises to her children so she could go to Japan and give them better lives. While she thought she was doing for the best, her children feels otherwise: a growing resentment and hatred for her. After two failed relationships and three children from different fathers, how can she make them accept and understand? And how can she give them now a better life with pending deportation? Nagmamahal set up a reunion for Edna and her three children in Japan.
- Writer: Obet Villela
- Director: Rosanna Roces, Marla Boyd, Dexter Doria, Kathyrn Bernardo, KC Hollmann
Rene and Luisa (August 5, 2006)
Rene and Luisa are childhood sweethearts. Luisa is an ambitious girl who chose to leave her family in the Philippines and her boyfriend, Rene, to be an entertainer in Japan and eventually in Turkey. Luisa is forced to marry, Osman, a Turkish national to escape being sent to Iraq. Luisa and Rene part ways. Luisa stopped writing letters to Rene. Rene, devastated by the news of Luisa’s marriage and to get back at Luisa, marries a woman 14 years older than he is. Luisa separates from her husband and goes home with her child. She decides to contact Rene after more than 20 years. First love is rekindled and Rene tells Luisa that he is separated. They decide to spend the rest of their lives together.
- Writer: Francis Pasion
- Director: Jerome Pobocan
- Cast: Eula Valdez as Luisa and Tonton Gutierrez as Rene
Monica Bauer and Yolly Montoya Story (July 29, 2006)
Monica and Yolly have been friends for more than a decade. A friendship that goes beyond the color of skin, culture, language, and location. Monica is a big, blond, transsexual nurse who works at Mt Sinai Hospital in New York, and Yolly is a typical promdi from Calasiao Pangasinan.
Monica visited the Philippines years ago and met Yolly who was then pregnant. Yolly would name the baby after Monica and assigned her to be the Ninang. This would integrate Monica to Yolly’s family in Calasiao and, save for documents and legalities, the baby becomes Monica’s adopted daughter. Shuttling back and forth from New York to Calasiao, Monica visits baby Nikka every six months for the last ten years, sends her money for schooling, and thereby becomes a part of Yolly’s big family. Monica, who was adopted as a child and lived with several foster families, has found herself a family to love, to care, and to share her dreams with — halfway across the globe. “It is a family built not by blood, but by relationships,” she said.
- Writer: Dindo Perez
- Director: Don Cuaresma
- Cast: Candy Pangilinan as Yolly and Marco Alcaraz as Monica
Paz Pejoro Story (July 8, 2006)
Paz Pejoro’s feat as a mother is something everyone will admire. She has raised 14 children, half her life on her own after her husband Gorio succumbed to a disease. The children are now successful in their own way, most of them living in America. In 1997, Malacañang awarded Paz Pejoro as an Ulirang Ina in recognition of her accomplishment. But now she is all alone, languishing in a convalescent home in San Francisco. She survives each day longing for the company of her children. Nagmamahal Kapamilya mounts a family reunion for Paz, even for just a brief moment, to be in the company of her children.
- Writer: Genesis Rodriguez
- Director: Rechie del Carmen
- Cast: Coney Reyes, Dimples Romana, Kristopher Peralta and Kathryn Luna