Nail Gun Massacre
Nail Gun Massacre is a 1985 horror film written and directed by Terry Lofton, and co-directed by Bill Leslie. It follows a young doctor and sheriff as they try to find a killer wearing a motorcycle helmet who is killing locals with a nail gun.
||This article's plot summary may be too long or excessively detailed. (April 2014)|
At a small construction site, six men pin down a woman and gang rape her.
One by one are being murdered from a nail gun wielding killer.
- Rocky Patterson as Doctor Rocky Jones
- Ron Queen as Sheriff Thomas
- Beau Leland as Bubba
- Michelle Meyer as Linda
- Sebrina Lawless as Mary Sue Johnson
- Monica Lawless as Bobbi Jo Johnson
- Jerry Nelson as Leroy Johnson
- Mike Coady as Mark
- Randy Hayes as Brad Watson
- John Price as John
- Charles Ladeate as Tom
- Joann Hazelbarth as Maxine
- John Rudder as Hal
- Shelly York as Ann
- Michael Bendall as Ben
- Connie Speer as Trish
- Thomas Freylac as Killer's Voice
A 1/4 was awarded by TV Guide, while Zack Parsons of Something Awful gave the film a -47/-50, and wrote, "While Nail Gun Massacre fails utterly at everything it attempts, it does succeed in one important place where it's not even making an effort: Nail Gun Massacre is a great funny-bad movie". Similarly, Digital Retribution's Devon Bertsch stated, "Nail Gun Massacre is one of the so-bad-it's-good champions" and "Nail Gun Massacre is a pinnacle of 80s horror cinema. Clearly the whole thing was made by people not familiar with the filmmaking process. It is an absolute must see. They don't make 'em like this anymore. In fact, they only ever made 'em like this once, and it was enough".
DVD Talk's Adam Tyner gave the film a grade of 1½ out of 5, and concluded, "Y'know, if I watch something and have a genuinely good time with it, even if it's for all the wrong reasons, I can't really consider it a bad movie. It's not quite the Troll 2 of slasher movies, but I had more fun with Nail Gun Massacre... laughing and screaming at my TV... than any other movie I've watched in a very long time". In a review for DVD Verdict, Paul Corupe heavily criticized the film, writing, "A sleazy slasher from the 'anything goes' VHS heyday of the early 1980s. Put on by Texas entrepreneur Terry Lofton. There are moments of unintentionally hilarious reprieve on display throughout the film.
- "Nail Gun Massacre". movies.tvguide.com. TV Guide. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- Parsons, Zack (13 July 2006). "Nail Gun Massacre". somethingawful.com. Something Awful. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- Bertsch, Devon (11 June 2006). "Nail Gun Massacre (1985)". digital-retribution.com. Digital Retribution. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Tyner, Adam (25 October 2005). "Nail Gun Massacre". dvdtalk.com. DVD Talk. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Corupe, Paul (4 November 2005). "Nail Gun Massacre". dvdverdict.com. DVD Verdict. Retrieved 4 April 2014.