|Members||Garth "Vader" Wray
Nailed was formed in the year 2000 by vocalist John Robson, drummer Garth Wray and guitarist Phil Rayner formerly of In Dying Grace. They were joined by Mass Firth on guitar and vocals formerly of bands Blasphemer, Dominion (signed to Peaceville Records) and Ebony Lake (signed to Cacophonous Records) and Simon Watson on bass. After John Robson departed from the band he was replaced on vocals by Andy Whittaker.
Their first recording was undertaken in January 2001 entitled Every Possible Uglyness. Since then they have recorded one more demo / EP, entitled Calculated Act Of Murder (2002), and two full-length albums (A Pure World Is a Dead World in 2005 and Hatred, Failure & the Extinction of Mankind in 2008). During this period the band has seen the departure of Simon Watson in 2004, Andy Whittaker in 2006 and Paul Cuthbert (guitar) in 2007, being replaced by Dan Cocker on bass and main vocals and Jim Knights on guitar (formerly of Manchester based band Incassum).
The band embarked upon a full UK tour alongside Belfast's Condemned supporting Visceral Bleeding from Sweden in 2005. Since then they have also played a number of other dates in mainland Europe, including the Neurotic Deathfest in Eindhoven, Holland and Obscene Extreme festival in the Czech Republic. The band has also played a number of dates in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
In early 2008 the band signed a record deal with Anticulture Records. Their second album "Hatred, Failure & The Extinction of Mankind" was due for release in May 2008, but was delayed until November due to remastering and new artwork. The original master was reviewed in Zero Tolerance and Terrorizer magazines in May 2008, gaining scores of 3/6 and 6/10 respectively. Online reviews have been disparate to these scores, generally being much higher.
- Every Possible Uglyness (demo, 2001)
- Calculated Act Of Murder (demo/EP, 2002)
- A Pure World Is a Dead World (LP, 2005) Casket Records
- Hatred, Failure & the Extinction of Mankind (LP, 2008) Anticulture Records
- Jim Knights - Guitar (2007-)
- Garth Wray - Drums
- Mass Firth - Guitar/Vocals
- Dan Cocker - Bass/Vocals (2005-)
- Phil Rayner - Guitar (2000–2003)
- Simon Watson - Bass (2000–2004)
- Andy "Scum" Whittaker - Vocals (2000–2006)
- Paul Cuthbert - Guitar (2003–2007)
- "Nailed: Paul Cuthbert Departs. (October 7th 2007)". Ultimate-Guitar.com Page. Retrieved 7 October 2007.
- "Nailed - Paul Cuthbert Departs; Jim Knights Joins the Fold (October 7th 2007).". smnnews.com Page. Retrieved 7 October 2007.
- "Nailed bio/history - SMNnews.com - The SMN Forums. (October 16th 2007)". smnnews.com Page. Retrieved 19 March 2008.
- "Nailed Basic Info - RawNervePromotions.co.uk". rawnervepromotions.co.uk Page. Retrieved 19 March 2008.
- "HISTORY - OBSCENE EXTREME 2008 - Trutnov, Czech Republic". www.obsceneextreme.cz Page. Retrieved 19 March 2008.
- "NAILED - live". Nailed Website Page. Retrieved 19 March 2008.[dead link]