|Subdistrict and Sub - City|
|District||South West Delhi|
|• Body||Municipal Corporation of Delhi|
|• Total||1,365,152 |
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||West Delhi|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Najafgarh|
|Civic agency||Municipal Corporation of Delhi|
Najafgarh is best known as the hometown of Cricketer Virender Sehwag and Olympic Silver Medalist Sushil Kumar. Chaudhary Brahm Prakash Yadav, the first Chief Minister of New Delhi, was also born in Najafgarh.
Several religious/meditation centers are located in and around Najafgarh. One of the most noted temples in Najafgarh is that of Sai Baba of Shirdi.A few of the meditation centres in and around Najafgarh are Radha Swami Satsang Beas at Ranaji Enclave & Dindarpur Osho Dham (of Guru Rajneesh), Ashram of Sudhanshu Ji Maharaj at Bakkarwala, and Nirmal Dham of Nirmala Devi.
Delhi Police Training Centre is also located in vicinity. It is one of major training centre for all the recruitment of delhi police's constable, Sub-Inspector and other ranks. Various kind of trainings are being provided in this centre such as bomb disposal, riots protection etc. It is having two parts- one is Delhi Police Training School and other is Delhi Police Training College. Apart from this, CRPF Camp is also located adjacent to it, that is among one of the centre of Central Reserve Police Force, which part of Indian Government's Para Military Forces.
Najafgarh was named after the Kiledar (Fort Administrator) Mirza Najaf Khan Baloch (1733–1782) of the Mughal Dynasty. The country seat of this powerful Persian noble, located in the suburbs beyond the capital city, later became a fortified stronghold of Rohilla Afghan chieftain Zabita Khan (b. 1785). During the Indian Rebellion of 1857 and part of the Siege of Delhi, the Battle of Najafgarh took place on 25 August 1857 between Indian rebels and British Raj soldiers. Approximately 800 people were killed.
A small settlement of the Mughal troops settled here in its infancy. Najafgarh is now one of the most populous electoral regions in the National Capital Region of India (NCR). Najafgarh is surrounded by 70 villages bordering Haryana. The borders are 10 to 15 kilometers from the main Najafgarh Market.
Najafgarh is surrounded by a number of important villages of the South West Delhi district. Like all the administrative subdivisions of the South West District of Delhi, Najafgarh is composed of a group of villages. Some of the villages around Najafgarh are Kair, Roshan pura baprola, Asalatpur Khadar, Haibat Pur, Pandwala Kalan, Jafarpur Kalan, Badu Sarai, Kangan Heri, Dauralla, Dindarpur, Deenpur, Ghuman Hera, Khaira, Delhi, Bakkargarh, Jaffarpur Kalan, Rawta, Surheda, Kheda Dabar, Daulatpur, Dhansa, Galibpur, Jhuljhuli, Jhatikra, Kazipur, Kharkhari Nahar, Sidipur, KharKhari Jatmal, KharKhari Rond, Hasanpur, Delhi, Mundhela Khurd, Mundhela Kalan, Nanak Heri, Nagal Sakrawati, Paprawat, Pandwalan Khurd, Pandwalan Kalan, Rewala Khanpur, Tajpur Khurd, Sarang Pur, Sherpur,[disambiguation needed] Shikar Pur, Samaspur Khalsa, Ujwa, Daryapur Khurd, Issapur and Malikpur. Najafgarh is surrounded by a number of important towns of Delhi. On the west of Najafgarh like Surkhpur and Mitraon. Dichaon Kalan is situated to the north of Najafgarh.
Najafgarh is also in close proximity to Gurgaon, which is a hub for numerous companies, both Indian and multinational.
The majority of the inhabitants are from Haryana, Uttrakhand, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. The literacy rate is 88.1%.
Pravesh Verma of BJP is the MP from this costitiuency while Kailsah Gehlot of Aam Aadmi Party is MLA from this region.Mr. Gehlot Defeated Incumbent MLA Ajit Singh Kharkhari of BJP in Delhi Legislative Assembly Election,2015.
- Ch. Brahm Prakash Government Engineering College
- Bhagini Nivedita Women College, Kair (Near Najafgarh)http://www.bhagininiveditacollege.in.
- Rural Health Training Center (RHTC), Najafgarh- A training center for nursing of Govt. Of India.
DTC Buses: 822, 818, 827, 828, 829, 764, 817, 835,578,978,708,817, 728 etc.
DELHI METRO: The Metro network will be extended from Dwarka to Najafgarh(near Delhi Gate) as part of Phase 3 of Delhi Metro. The official deadline for this project is December, 2016.
- Harit Bhumi (On Delhi road),
- DDA Park (Najafgarh Extension, Near Nangloi Road),
- Mother Dairy Park (At Chhawla Stand),
- Sheetala Mata Park (At Main Market).
- Najafgarh Health Center - OPD and 24 Hrs. emergency service.
- Rao Tula Ram Hospital, Jafarpur Kalan Village (Near Najafgarh).
- Chaudhry Brahm Prakash Ayurvedic Hospital, Khera Dabur Village (Near Najafgarh).
- ESIC Dispensary, Najafgarh.
- Delhi Govt. dispensaries at colonies of Najafgarh are at Dharampura & Gopal Nagar colonies.
- Orthoplus Hospital.
- Surya Kiran Hospital.
- Kalyani Hospital.
- Om Dental Clinic & Diagostic Centre.
- Vikas Hospital.
- Metro hospitals.
- Janki hospital.
- Swastik hospital.
- Gobhania Nirog Dhaam
- Delhi Metro Rail Depot.
- Delhi Jal Board Zonal Office
- Delhi Parks and Garden Society Office.
- Tehsil Office.
- Education Department's Zonal Office.
- BSES Electricity Office.
- Pay and Account Office (Govt. Of Delhi).
- SDM Office.
- BDO Office.
- PWD Office.
- Delhi Police South West Zone's ACP Office.
- MTNL Office (Telephone Exchange).
- MCD Zonal Office of Najafgarh Zone.
- Irrigation and flood control department's office.
- Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) Bus Depot.
- Court of DC of MCD of Najafgarh Zone.
- Fire Station.
- Sub Post Office.
- Zonal Office of Delhi Agricultural Produce Market Committee (APMC).
- Zonal Office of Food and Supply Department.
- Store and Office of Central Warehousing Corporation.
- Najafgarh Stadium- A District Level Stadium of Govt. of Delhi (Near Delhi Gate, Najafgarh).
Historical Monuments and Places
- Delhi Gate.
- Najafgarh Lake.
- Jami Mosque.
- Octagonal Well.
- Tomb of Rana Sahib - Lodhi.
- Catholic Church.
- Jawahar Chowk.
- BSF Camp, Chhawla, Najafgarh.
- ITBP Camp, Chhawla, Najafgarh.
- CRPF Camp, Jharoda Kalan, Najafgarh.
- Air Force Station, Bani Camp, Najafgarh.
- Najafgarh drain, Delhi
- [sangam vihar, najafgarh]
- Najafgarh drain bird sanctuary, Delhi
- Nearby Najafgarh lake or Najafgarh jheel (now completely drained by Najafgarh drain)
- Sant Ram"Bhola dairy"[kakrola Road]
- Nearby Dichaon Kalan
- Nearby Bahadurgarh
- "Census of India 2011 Primary Census Abstract" (PDF). Government of India.
- Delhi Govt Website
- Strategy Framework for Delhi beyond the Commonwealth Games 2010, BY DANNY CHERIAN, 2004