|Elevation||295 m (968 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||UP 20|
Najibabad is a city/partial hill station and a municipal board in Bijnor district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It has a railway junction and is one of the administrative blocks of the Bijnor district. It is well connected to all major cities of India by roadways via NH 119 and NH 74 respectively and also by various trains.
- 1 Geography
- 2 People's representative
- 3 History
- 4 Forts and monuments
- 5 Industries
- 6 Hotels
- 7 Demographics
- 8 The English-medium schools
- 9 The Hindi-medium schools
- 10 Colleges
- 11 Engineering College
- 12 Malls
- 13 Picture Halls
- 14 Villages Under Vikas Khand/Tahsil Najibabad
- 15 References
- 16 External links
Najibabad is located at  It has an average elevation of 295.5 metres (1014 feet)..
The current Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) from Najibabad is Mr. Tasleem ahmad from (BSP).And current Municipal board chairmen Mr Mohd.Moazzam Khan  Najibabad is part of Nagina parliamentary constituency, and current M.P is Yashwant Singh(BJP).
Nawab Najib-ud-Daula, also known as Najib Khan was a noted Rohilla Muslim warrior and serviceman of both the mughal empire and the Durrani empire, Nawab Najib-ud- Daula was a noted Rohilla tribal chief in 18th century Rohilkhand, who in the 1740s founded the city of Najibabad in Bijnor district, India where he established the present day city of Najibabad, a state of Najibabad independent from Rohilla tribes, and received the title, "Nawab Najib-ud-daulla". From 1757 to 1770 he was governor of saharanpur, ruling over Dehradun.Many architectural relics of the period of Rohilla he oversaw remain in Najibabad, which he founded at the height of his career as a Mughal minister. Najibabad city is a city founded by Nawab Najib-ud-Daula, also known as Najib Khan and the city is also known as "GATEWAY OF HIMALAYAS" and "shehro ka shehar"
He succeed Safdarjung as grand wazir of the Mughal Empire and was a devoted serviceman of the Mughal Emperor Alamgir II later in his career he was known as Nawab Najib-ud- Doula.
After his death he was succeeded by his son Zabita Khan. His cemetery is still in present day, Najibabad
In Najibabad, there was a fort of great Sultana Daku or "The Sultan Bandit". The fort is still situated in Najibabad
Najibabad is also the native place of the Sahu Jain family - Sahu Shanti Prasad Jain and Shreyans Prasad Jain were born here. The descendants of the Sahu Jain family own the Times Group and its parent company, Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. is world's largest selling news paper.
Forts and monuments
- Jama Masjid
- Rohilla Palace (called is Thanna)
- Pathargarh Fort built by Najib-ud-Daula (Famous by Sultana Daku ka Qila)
- Portion of the old Palace
- Tomb of Nawab Najib-ud-Daula
- Mordhaj also known as Munawar Jar with lofty mound Called chaar minar
- Nanhe Miya Ground in Pai bagh street
The main Industries of the city are:
- Mansarovar Bottling Company
- singhal refineries
- Chandra Kaththa Industries Ltd.
- Mansarovar Paper Mills ltd.
- Badri-Kedar Paper mills ltd.
- Indian oil, HP, Bharat Petroleum Depot.
- JMK International Industries
Najibabad also has an All India Radio center. The town is an important trade center for timber, sugar and grain. There are manufacturing units which deal with metal, shoes, blankets, shawls and cotton
- Walia hotel and residency(3 star)
- Hotel Inderlok, haridwar road(3 star)
- Ghai Motel
- Kanaha royal salute,haridwar road(4 star)
- Bharat Banquet Hall (4 star)
- Rajan Hotel, Haridwar Road
In 1901, Najibabad had a population of 19,568. Even today, several architectural remains of Rohilla magnificence can be found within the city
The total population of najibabad is 84,239.
The English-medium schools
- St. Mary's School
- Drona International Academy
- P.N.S Arihant Public Academy
- Walia global academy, near Mansarovar paper mill,Nagina Road
- Modern public school(Samipur)
- R.R. Morarka Public school,Dwarikesh Nagar,Bundki
- Shri Guru Ram Rai Public School
- Shreya Public School
- Mool Chand Academy Kotdwar road
- Uptech Computer Centre
- Guru Drona Academy
- Gurukul International Academy (G.I.A)
- Blue Bells Public School
- global academy Jaipur Road, Najibabad
- Cambridge co-education school
- Moon Light Public School,Subhash Nagar,Najibabad.
The Hindi-medium schools
- M.D.S. Inter college.
- M.D.K.V. Inter College.
- A.R.N. Kela Inter college.
- G.I.C. Najibabad.
- Green Light Public School
- Sneh Public School
- Guru Nanak Mission Inter College.
- Najibuddaula girls inter college
- M.G.M. Inter college.
- Qasmiya girls Inter College.
- Qasmiya Muslim Inter college.
- Muslim Public girls Inter College(first Inter college in jalalabad
- Habib Memorial Girls High School Jalalabad
- National girls college Kalheri
- Anandi Pathshala
- St. Mary"s inter college Mandawali (Najibabad)
- Sarswati Vidya Mandir Majidganj Najibabad
- Maktaba islamia kalheri
- Muhammed Ali Johar Girl's school rampura Najibaba
- Lady Fatima School(parvez)
- SSD Inter College Garhmalpur
- Ambedkar Junior High School, Jabtaganj
- lady Amna Junior High school,rajo ka choraha(Mohammad Bilal Shaikh)
- Aman public school ,subash nagar ,najibabad
- North India College of Higher Education
- North India College of Law
- Rama Jain Collage.
- Sahu Jain College.
- North India Institute of Technology
- Institute of Information Technology & Science
- Indian Institute Of Distance Education And Learning
Najibabad had one mall recently made. It is:
- Easy Day
There Are 4 picture halls in Najibabad.They are:
- Bharat Talkies
- Krishna Talkies
- Samrat Talkies
- Pukar Talkies
Villages Under Vikas Khand/Tahsil Najibabad
Sikandarpur basi ( geographically pleasant village on the bank of gangan river, also called 'gaurvo ki basi'. Guniyapur, a village is known for its sugarcane fields spreads all over, is located on the bank of Gangan River, at highway towards Moradabad. Gajraula Paimar,mirampur bega, Sabhachandpur Mohan urf Makhwara Padarathpur, Issepur, Sikroda, Lalpur, Rajpur Nawada, kawariwala urf hakimpur qazi Kalanpur Buzurg Urf Bahupura & Mouzam pur tulsi urf(Garhi)dhanora(Adarsh nagar) (Subhash nagar), Bashirpur, Najibabad, Nangla Ubbhan ( Ubbhanwala) & Sheikhpurgaru(Himalayan colony), Najibabad
Bhaguwala largest gram Panchayat also known as big town in this tehsil. Shakarpuri (village) is 14 km away from Najibabad. Shakarpuri is famous for its sugarcane and mangoes. Shakarpuri is very small village.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Najibabad.|