Nakaimo - My Sister is Among Them!
|Nakaimo - My Sister is Among Them!|
Cover of the first light novel
(Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!)
|Genre||Romantic comedy, Ecchi, Harem|
|Written by||Hajime Taguchi|
|Published by||Media Factory|
|Original run||August 25, 2010 – March 25, 2013|
|Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! - Who is "IMOUTO"?|
|Published by||Media Factory|
|Original run||May 2011 – ongoing|
|Anime television series|
|Nakaimo – My Sister is Among Them!|
|Directed by||Munenori Nawa|
|Written by||Go Zappa|
|Music by||Hikaru Nanase|
|Network||TBS, MBS, CBC, BS-TBS|
|Original run||July 6, 2012 – September 28, 2012|
|Episodes||12 + OVA|
Nakaimo - My Sister is Among Them! (この中に１人、妹がいる！ Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!?) is a Japanese light novel series by Hajime Taguchi. It was adapted into an anime television series by Studio Gokumi. The anime was aired between July 6 and September 28, 2012. The anime series is licensed by Sentai Filmworks and is streaming on Crunchyroll and Anime Network
Abiding by his father's will, Shougo was transferred into Miryuin Private Academy where many young girls attend. It appears as though his younger sister, separated from him at birth, also attends this academy, and that she is trying to get closer to him without letting him know who she actually is. At the same time, Shougo becomes popular with the other girls as well.
- Shougo Mikadono (帝野 将悟 Mikadono Shōgo?)
- Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese), Clint Bickham (English)
- The male protagonist who is the heir to the Mikadono Group. For him to take over as head of the Group, he needs to graduate from school as well as find a life partner. However, things become complicated when he learns that his father, Kumagorou, had an illegitimate daughter who is watching over him as well as attending the same school. This leads to Shougo trying to find his sister. He has a scar on his forehead from an accident when he was kid that caused him to lose some of his memories. Eventually Shougo chooses Konoe to be his lover but she is revealed to be Kumagorou's illegitimate daughter in volume 8. Fortunately, in volume 9, it is revealed that he is not Kumagorou's biological son and thus Konoe is not really his sister.
- Konoe Tsuruma (鶴眞 心乃枝 Tsuruma Konoe?)
- Voiced by: Kaori Ishihara (Japanese), Monica Rial (English)
- A young girl who attends the same school as Shougo and also the first friend he makes on his first day of his new life. Very curious and believing in destined meetings, she is in the same class as Shougo as well as the class representative. She loves creme puffs. She revealed later that she was Shougo's childhood friend and feels responsible for the accident which landed him in hospital. She has the same phone as the mysterious shadowy figure shown once calling Shougo. It is later revealed that she was also the one who sent him the cake, photo, and action figure on his birthday. She initially called him using the voice of Perin a character from "Transforming Warrior Granberion". She is in love with Shougo. This is underscored when she tells Shougo, "When we were kids, I wanted to be your sister. I figured we could be together forever that way." The phone she used was a prototype developed by her father with a rare voice changer feature. Eventually she becomes Shougo's lover but it is revealed in volume 8 that she is Kumagorou's illegitimate daughter. However, in volume 9 it is discovered that Shougo is not Kumagorou's biological son and thus she is not really Shogou's sister.
- Miyabi Kannagi (神凪 雅 Kannagi Miyabi?)
- Voiced by: Ayane Sakura (Japanese), Brittney Karbowski (English)
- Another classmate of Shougo and a member of the swimming club. Miyabi revealed that she met Shougo at the hospital where he was recovering from his accident—whenever her father went in for treatments, she would play outside with him. When Shougo first attempted to speak to her upon meeting her in class, she refused to talk to him. After that, she overheard his conversation with Konoe and after seeing them almost kiss, demands that he kiss her. She reasons that after Shougo calls Konoe "just a classmate," it should be fine for him to kiss her as well. When she tells Shougo of their previous relationship together, she also confesses (with Konoe present) that she fell in love with Shougo as kids and along with Konoe was elated upon learning of his transfer. She is competitive with Konoe about wanting to marry Shougo, to the point where they will argue about it in front of him. As the story progresses, she often interrupts romantic moments between Shougo and Konoe. At the end of the anime and in volume 4 of the novel, she is believed to be his sister. However, in volume 8, after another DNA test it is discovered that she is actually his cousin. Eventually, Miyabi becomes Shougo's stepsister when her father and Shougo's mother get married.
- Rinka Kunitachi (国立 凜香 Kunitachi Rinka?)
- Voiced by: Ayana Taketatsu (Japanese), Maggie Flecknoe (English)
- A first-year student council vice-president of Miryuin Private Academy and it is implied that she was brought up in a noble family. After Shougo transferred into Miryuin, Konoe calls her "a princess to the core." Rinka keeps Mana in line and is shown to be very good at dancing. She is a more distant aloof character who has a tendency to be competitive. Rinka later revealed that school director Genda asked her to find Shougo's sister so that he could have leverage when working for the Mikadono Group. Rinka used Sagara's phone when making a fake sister announcement to threaten the director. Shougo figured out her scheme using Konoe's phone and subsequently volunteered to pretend to be her lover so that her engagement with the director's son becomes invalid. Thereafter, Rinka decided to pursue Shougo as her true boyfriend.
- Mana Tendou (天導 愛菜 Tendō Mana?)
- Voiced by: Asuka Ōgame (Japanese), Emily Neves (English)
- The student council president of Miryuin Private Academy. She is shown to have a more childish personality, generally on the quieter side except for big events, where she gets really excited and tends to be more outgoing and loud.
- Mei Sagara (嵯峨良 芽依 Sagara Mei?)
- Voiced by: Rina Hidaka (Japanese), Meg McDonald (English)
- A third-year bespectacled girl who dresses as a witch. She runs the Lyrical Sister Café which she describes as: "a dream-like café where anyone can become an older brother or older sister!" Prior to the story, her parents abandoned her as a toddler because of her mathematical intellect and she was adopted by a university professor. She lived with her adoptive mother who owned and ran the café until she died. Afterwards Mei lived with her father in Massachusetts until she earned enough money to buy back the café. She and Konoe have the same brand phone. It is later revealed that she knows the identity of Shougo's sister, but does not want her to be exposed to the Mikadono family because she is an illegitimate child. After Shougo promises to protect her, she responds that she will reveal his sister's identity if he proves that he can be a good older brother.
- Yuzurina Houshou (宝生 柚璃奈 Hōshō Yuzurina?)
- Voiced by: Yui Ogura (Japanese), Meaghan Avocado (English)
- A mysterious girl who pretended to be Shougo's real sister and appears to have good intentions to help Shougo. However she is actually the true mastermind of all the accidents that have occurred around him. Her real name is Nayuri Danno (檀埜 那百合 Danno Nayuri?), a famous former child actress who starred as Perin in "Transforming Warrior Granberion", Shougo's favorite show during his childhood. It was revealed later that she was hired to cause a scandal for Shougo.
- Ikusu Mizutani (水谷 衣楠 Mizutani Ikusu?)
- Voiced by: Ami Koshimizu (Japanese), Kara Greenberg (English)
- A member of the Seiryu Association. Initially introduced as "Mister X", she was sent to investigate on the identity of Shougo's younger sister while disguising herself as a male student in Miryuin Private Academy. She often sneaks into Shougo's apartment to use his shower as part of her routine. She is trying to become a modern day ninja, and as the Seiryu Association is men-only, she disguised herself as a guy to become part of the association. She often puts Shougo in awkward situations.
- Kumagorou Mikadono (帝野 熊五郎 Mikadono Kumagorō?)
- Voiced by: Rikiya Koyama (Japanese), John Swasey (English)
- Shougo's father, who was the previous president of the Mikadono Group. He is also a friend of Konoe's father. He apparently fathered an illegitimate daughter but Kanoko does not want anything to do with the child, thus Shougo has no leads as to who the girl's identity is.
- Kanoko Mikadono (帝野 鹿野子 Mikadono Kanoko?)
- Voiced by: Aya Hisakawa (Japanese), Shelley Calene-Black (English)
- Shougo's mother. She temporary assumes control of the Mikadono Group until Shougo is ready to take over.
- Risa Seri (瀬利 吏沙 Seri Risa?)
- Voiced by: Ayako Kawasumi (Japanese), Kaytha Coker (English)
- Secretary and a close aide of Kanoko. Shougo entrusted her help to perform a DNA test to verify his real sister. However, she was discovered by Ikusu to be working behind the scenes, together with Yuzurina, to invalidate Shougo's bid to take over the Mikadono Group.
- Kurumi Kashinoki (樫木 来実 Kashinoki Kurumi?)
- Voiced by: Maho Matsunaga (Japanese), Brittany Deans (English)
- A first year student and a waitress at Lyrical Sisters Café. She is also cheerful and cute.
- Maiko Kotori (小都里 まい子 Kotori Maiko?)
- Voiced by: Arisa Noto (Japanese), Tiffany Grant (English)
- She is the homeroom teacher in the class Shougo attends. Her personality is very aggressive, and she hates people who ask stupid questions. On top of that, she looks like a child due her small stature.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2014)|
An anime adaptation produced by Studio Gokumi and directed by Munenori Nawa aired between July and September 2012. The anime is simulcast streamed by Crunchyroll using the title Nakaimo – My Sister is Among Them!. The opening theme is "Choose Me! My Darling", performed by StylipS, while the ending theme song is "Heavenly Lover", performed by Kaori Ishihara, Ayane Sakura, Ayana Taketatsu, Asuka Ōgame, & Rina Hidaka.
|1||"The Voice of My Unfamiliar Little Sister"
"Mishiranu Imōto kara no Koe" (見知らぬ妹からの声)
|July 6, 2012|
|Shougo Mikadono, heir to the Mikadono Group, enrolls in Miryuin Private Academy, also having to find his potential wife there. He saves a girl named Konoe Tsuruma from a oncoming truck outside a bakery, and she later shows him to his homeroom class after they briefly share cream puffs at a park. Shougo explains to Konoe that he received a scar on his forehead after an accident as a child. After Konoe is summoned to a student council meeting, Miyabi Kannagi tries to make a move on Shougo, but he backs out of it. Later at night, he receives a birthday cake and an action figure by mail. After seeing a photo of him as a child being kissed by an unknown girl at a park during a funeral, he receives a phone call from this girl confirming this. The next morning, he ponders if the girl who chooses to marry will end up being his little sister.|
|2||"My Sister and the Moonlit Dance"
"Imōto to Tsukiyo no Dansu" (妹と月夜のダンス)
|July 13, 2012|
|On the school rooftop, he finds Mei Sagara, an upperclasswoman that dresses as a witch, who reveals that she works at a cosplay café. Later on, he encounters Ikusu Mizutani, a member of the Seiryu Association and initially introduced as Mister X, who explains that his father, Kumagorou Mikadono, had an illegitimate daughter after an affair, and it would be a scandal if Shougo were to marry this girl. Ikusu later transfers into the academy as a male student to keep an eye on him, and then stops by at his place to take a shower. At the student council dance party, after Shougo has a dance with Konoe, a confident Rinka Kunitachi, the student council vice president, challenges him to a dance, receiving quite an applause from the onlookers. Shougo finds a timid Miyabi outside, and he asks to have a dance with her, but the top of her dress later becomes undone. Luckily, Konoe finds the two, and she helps fix Miyabi's dress, much to Shougo's relief.|
|3||"My Sister's Seduction"
"Imōto-tachi no Yūwaku" (妹たちの誘惑)
|July 20, 2012|
|Konoe and Miyabi visit Shougo to teach him to love women, after they mistakenly saw Ikusu on top of Shougo the day before. The two girls treat Shougo as their older brother, clinging to him throughout the day. At night, they undress from their pajamas on his bed, making him so uncomfortable that he is unable to sleep. The next day at school, he tries to avoid them and hides in the student council office. Mana Tendou, the student council president, suggests Shougo to become friends with Konoe and Miyabi, since he cannot date either one. Later on, after accompanying Miyabi to shop for a bathing suit for her, they run back to her place soaking wet from the rain. While he prepares to take a bath, he suspects that Miyabi may be his little sister, after taking notice of the toy shampoo bottle. She admits wanting to marry him, but he turns her down due to the suspicion.|
|4||"My Sister's Hero is Her Big Brother!"
"Imōto no Hīrō wa Onīsama!" (妹のヒーローはお兄さま！)
|July 27, 2012|
|The following day at school, things get awkward between Shougo and Miyabi, which brings concern for Konoe. Shougo tells Konoe that Miyabi may be his little sister. Ikusu later contacts Shougo to inform him of a prototype phone, having voice-changing capabilities, which may have connections to the calls he receives from the mysterious girl who claims to be his sister. After realizing that Konoe might have that phone, he searches everywhere for her, finally finding her at a park holding the phone. She reveals that she was the one kissing him in the photo he received, and she explains that they were childhood friends when his father was alive then. She then also says that Shougo injured his head while saving her at a crosswalk from an oncoming car. Konoe confesses that she used the altered voice as a prank, not realizing how much trouble she has caused for Shougo. When Miyabi finds the two, she reveals that she and Shougo used to pretend to get married in the courtyard of the hospital during her visits. Since both Konoe and Miyabi want to become his husband, they decide to start a battle to see who would be the better wife.|
|5||"My Little Sister Won't Let Me Sleep"
"Imōto ga Nekasete Kurenai" (妹が寝かせてくれない)
|August 17, 2012|
|Shougo is constantly being awoken by his supposed little sister every early morning on a daily basis, much to his annoyance. Sleep deprived, Shougo is unwittingly invited by Mei to sleep with her in her secret room at school, much to his uneasiness. Later on, after Shougo waits for Miyabi during her swim practice, they go on a date to the Lyrical Sisters Café, being greeted and served by the waitress Kurumi Kashinoki, but his order does not go well. While resting in Mei's room at school the next day, Shougo learns that Mei is an adopted child of a college professor from Massachusetts and is running her shop for the sake of her late mother. Shougo then discovers the prototype phone in Mei's room, and while later reporting this to Ikusu, Shougo learns that Mei is closing the shop for her leave to Massachusetts.|
|6||"My Maid Sisters Have Cat Ears"
"Nekomimi Meido na Imōto-tachi" (猫耳メイドな妹たち)
|August 24, 2012|
|Due to her shop failing, Mei is told by her adoptive father to come back to Massachusetts. In response to this, Shougo tells Mei he is willing to get her shop back on track, with the help from all of his friends. After a successful advertising made by Shougo, Mei's shop earns much more and is now able to stand on its own. Mei tried to seduce Shougo later that night, but Shougo gets an interrupted phone call from Ikusu, who discovers that Mei might be the girl that calls Shougo every morning. Shougo confronts Mei because of this, and she admits that she was distracting him from knowing his real little sister to prevent any torment by his family and scandals from his company. However, Shougo firmly declares that he will do anything in his power to protect his little sister. In exchange, Mei promises him to introduce him to her if he is able enough to do so, as Shougo asks Mei for her to take care of his little sister.|
|7||"My Little Sister is Disciplined and Beautiful!"
"Imōto wa, Kiritsu Tadashiku Utsukushiku!" (妹は、規律正しく美しく！)
|August 24, 2012|
|Konoe and Miyabi became increasingly intimate with Shougo, as the latter fears of whoever he chooses between the two as his wife could be his biological little sister. As a precaution, Ikusu suggests of applying a DNA test on both of them, to which Shougo complies, with the help of Risa Seri, his mother's secretary. While Konoe agrees on taking the test, Miyabi strongly declines for mistaking Shougo as a fetishist. Afterwards, a board of directors come to inspect the academy's performance. While they have a meeting with Shougo, a person who claims herself as his little sister makes an announcement over the intercom and blackmails Shougo, threatening to expose his secrets if he tries to find her but also telling him to be wary of his surroundings. Finding this to be in bad taste by the board, as a response, the academy's student council appoints Shougo as their morality officer. As student council members act more strict over the students for their misconduct, Ikusu suspects Rinka as the one behind the blackmailing incident.|
|8||"My Sister Resisted"
"Imōto wa Aragatteita" (妹はあらがっていた)
|August 31, 2012|
|Shougo gets himself reprimanded by Rinka for not properly acting as a morality officer. Afterwards, Shougo and Ikusu have a double-date with Rinka and Mana at an amusement park for the purpose of thoroughly investigating Rinka as suggested by Ikusu. After their date, Shougo takes notice of a phone accessory he bought from the park, resembling one that Mei had, which Rinka once noted she had seen it before. Shougo confronts Rinka, concluding her to be the one who blackmailed him. Although admitting this, she solely wanted to warn him that Genda, one of the board members whose son is betrothed to Rinka, tasked her to investigate information on the illegitimate daughter to ultimately blackmail the Mikadono Group. Against with the scheme and the engagement, Rinka used Mei's phone and its voice-changing function as a means to express her contradiction. Reflecting on the time they spent during their date, Shougo volunteers to become Rinka's fake boyfriend to call off her engagement, which turn out to be successful. Afterwards, Rinka pursues Shougo to become her true boyfriend.|
|9||"Surprise Attack! Little Sister Warning!!"
"Kyūshū! Imōto Chūihō!!" (急襲!妹注意報!!)
|September 7, 2012|
|A girl named Yuzurina Houshou moves next door to Shougo and introduces herself as his little sister. After Yuzurina explains to him the situation, Shougo receives a call from his mother, Kanoko Mikadono, and tells him on bringing with him a female accomplice during the Mikadono Group party. While frolicking in the swimming pool, the girls close to Shougo learn of Yuzurina's sibling relationship with him, much to their disbelief. After Yuzurina agress to take a DNA test, the other girls argue on who will Shougo choose as his accomplice to the party. Later at his apartment, Konoe makes dinner for Shougo and later presents herself as his "dessert". While Shougo teases Konoe, a bewildered Yuzurina overhears them. Shougo then sees Konoe off to her place, and when she tells him to kiss her, a shocked Miyabi witnesses this. Afterwards, Shougo receives the result from the DNA test, confirming his sibling relationship with Yuzurina.|
|10||"My Blooming Sisters"
"Hanasaku Imōto-tachi" (花咲く妹たち)
|September 14, 2012|
|With the help of Yuzurina's influence, Shougo invites the five girls to the Mikadono Group party. Miyabi has been acting indifferently during the party and has sudden gone missing. While looking for her, Shougo and Ikusu discover that Seri is working for someone who is plotting to remove Shougo's candidacy as the next head of the Mikadono Group via a scandal, and Ikusu advises Shougo to lay low for the time being. Afterwards, Shougo discusses his findings with Yuzurina, who has found Miyabi in the hotel, and while dismayed about Seri's scheme, he adds that she is fine with publicizing herself as Shougo's little sister. After being told to live a virtuous life by Yuzurina, Shougo heads back to the party. However, he is lunged by a drunk Miyabi who eventually passes out, taking her to a hotel room and waiting for her to wake up. After taking a shower, Miyabi makes her move on Shougo, but she then cries, asking Shougo to never leave her side again. Later, after seeing the other girls off, Shougo gets scolded by his mother for recent events and discovers that Seri was the one responsible for inviting the girls and not Yuzurina.|
|11||"My Sister's Trap"
"Imōto no Wana" (妹の罠)
|September 21, 2012|
|Shougo is woken up by Yuzurina who later cooks him breakfast. Yuzurina later denies herself as the person who claim to marry Shougo during his father's funeral. After being absent from class, Miyabi receives a visit from Shougo and Konoe, but the latter leaves abruptly to get some tea for them. After a moment of awkward silence, Miyabi proposes to go on a date with Shougo, much to his shock. That evening, Yuzurina apprises Shougo that Konoe was the person who came to his father's funeral asking for marriage, much to his disbelief. The next day, Miyabi returns to class much livelier yet Konoe worries for her. Realizing something, Shougo barges into the student council office and asks Rinka for information. Days later, Shougo and Miyabi head out on their date while Ikusu caught a glimpse of Yuzurina as a character in "Transforming Warrior Granberion", Shougo's favorite show during his childhood.|
|12||"My Sister Was Always Beside Me"
"Imōto wa Zutto, Soba ni Ita" (妹はずっと、そばにいた)
|September 28, 2012|
|After their date, Miyabi, kissing him by surprise, asks Shougo to be her boyfriend, but he turns her down and she tearfully storms off. Shougo and Ikusu later turn to Yuzurina, who is really a child actress named Nayuri Danno, who played as Perin in "Transforming Warrior Granberion", learning that she hired Seri to alter the results of the DNA tests. This was to create a scandal since Miyabi is his true little sister. Shougo hears word from Mei that Miyabi had an accident during her pool practice and was sent to the school's infirmary. When he goes to see Miyabi, she reveals that she was the one who asked Shougo to marry her back at the funeral, and she was only trying to hide her sibling relationship with him so that they could be lovers. Yuzurina was the one who coerced Miyabi to dispose of a letter containing evidence of her sibling relationship with Shougo, deceiving Miyabi to convince Shougo to be with her. Shougo reveals Yuzurina's true identity and nature to Miyabi, but he also reassures that they will remain as siblings, forgiving her for all what has happened. Some time later, Shougo and the other girls congratulate Miyabi over her performance during a swim match, while Ikusu fails to locate Yuzurina. Then, Shougo gets chased again by the girls after their argument over him.|
|OVA||"Brother, Sister, Lover"
"Ani, Imōto, Koibito" (兄、妹、恋人)
|March 27, 2013|
|Miyabi takes advantage of Shougo over the girls who wish to get close with him under the pretense of being siblings and adds that she will choose on who she will approve as Shougo's girlfriend and future partner. In response to this Mei and Ikusu hold a dating contest on Shougo where Miyabi will choose the most suitable partner for her brother from Konoe, Rinka, Mana, Mei and Ikusu. During the dates, Miyabi continuously distracts and drags Shougo away from the girls out of jealousy. Meanwhile, in Konoe's turn, she takes both Miyabi and Shougo out to an amusement park. Ultimately, Konoe brings the group to a bridal experience fair where the girls wear wedding dresses to get a first-hand experience of being brides. On Konoe and Shougo's wedding photo, the pseudo-couple allow Miyabi to be with them at the picture. Afterwards, the other girls, donning their wedding outfits, ask on who will Shougo choose next to take a wedding picture with.|
- "Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imōto ga Iru! Anime Staff, Date Revealed". Anime News Network. 2012-03-21. Retrieved 2012-03-26.
- Media Factory (2012). "Nakaimo - My Sister is Among Them!". Cruncyroll. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- "Nakaimo - My Sister is Among Them!". Anime Network. 2012. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- Moody, Allen. "Nakaimo - My Little Sister is Among Them!". THEM Anime Reviews. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- Official anime website (Japanese)
- Official light novel website (Japanese)
- Nakaimo - My Sister is Among Them! (anime) at Anime News Network's Encyclopedia