|Elevation||3,810 ft (1,160 m)|
|Population (2012 Estimate)|
Nakasongola is located approximately 140 kilometres (87 mi) north of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and its largest city, on an all-weather tarmac highway between Kampala and Masindi. The coordinates of the town are:01 18 54N, 32 27 54E.
The population of Nakasongola Town was estimated at about 6,500 during the 2002 national census. In 2006, the population of the town was estimated at about 6,920. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the mid-year population of Nakasongola at about 7,600. The mid year population estimate for the town is approximately 7,800.
Points of interest
The following points of interest are located in the town of Nakasongola or near its borders:
- The headquarters of Nakasongola District Administration
- The offices of Nakasongola Town Council
- Nakasongola Air Force Base - A component of Uganda People's Defence Force
- Nakasongola Airport - Located on Nakasongola Air Force Base
- Uganda Air Force Academy - A training school of the UPDF Air Force, also located on Nakasongola Air Force Base
- Uganda Air Defence and Artillery School - Another training school of the UPDF, also located on Nakasongola Air Force Base
- Nakasongola Central Market
- A branch of PostBank Uganda
- A branch of FINCA Uganda Limited - A Tier III Microfinance Institution.
- Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary - Located approximately 45 kilometres (28 mi), by road, northwest of Nakasongola, on the Nakasongola-Masindi Highway.
- "Road Distance From Kampala To Nakasongola With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- "Estimated Population of Nakasongola Town In 2006". Mongabay.com. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- "Estimated Population of Nakasongola In 2002, 2010 & 2012" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 8 May 2014.