|District||Kampala Capital City Authority|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Nakawa is located on the eastern edge of the city of Kampala. It is bordered by Ntinda to the north, Kyambogo to the northeast, Banda and Kireka to the est, Mbuya to the southeast, Bugoloobi to the south, Namuwongo to the southwest, Kololo in Kampala Central Division to the west and Naguru to the northwest. The road distance between Kampala's central business district and Nakawa is approximately 9.5 kilometres (5.9 mi). The coordinates of Nakawa are:0°19'46.0"N, 32°36'52.0"E (Latitude:0.329450; Longitude:32.614445).
Nakawa lies on the main highway between Kampala and Jinja. From a mere intersection of the Kampala-Jinja Highway and Ntinda Road in the 1950s, Nakawa has grown into a bustling metropolitan area with small, medium and large industries and some of Uganda's highest institutions of learning.
Points of interest
Nakawa boasts the following points of interest:
- Headquarters of Nakawa Division
- Headquarters of Uganda Revenue Authority
- Nakawa Farmers Market
- Uganda Industrial Research Institute
- Commercial Plaza Shopping Complex
- The campus of Makerere University Business School
- The Kampala-Jinja Highway traverses the northern part of Nakawa in a west to east direction.
- Quality Shopping Centre
- Infamous Soberz Pub
- Minister's Village, an affluent residential area set in nearby Ntinda, another city neighborhood.
- Kyadondo Rugby Club ground
- The main offices and showroom of Spear Motors Limited, the only authorised dealership in Mercedes Benz automiblies in Uganda.
- "Distance Between Central Kampala And Nakawa With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Nakawa At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- Ilungole, Stephen (17 December 2001). "Uganda: Spear Motors Celebrates Sales Boom". New Vision. Retrieved 21 June 2014.