|Slogan||Stripping the Cost of Travel|
|Service area||New Zealand|
|Service type||Intercity bus service|
|Chief executive||Hamish Nuttall|
Nakedbus.com is a provider of low-cost long distance bus transport services around New Zealand. It uses concepts such as yield management and no-frills to provide low fares. The company is so-named because "we have stripped out the costs that you don’t need."
The company provides at least one headline-grabbing NZD1.00 fare on each service, while "the average fare is equal to 50 percent of the prevailing market fares and all fares beat standard market adult prices by at least 25 percent"
Nakedbus.com avoids overheads by encouraging online bookings, although it also has agents, who may charge a service fee in addition to the website-quoted fare. Nakedbus charges its callers for use of its telephone reservation call centre, using an 0900 number charging NZD$1.99 minute to make telephone bookings or enquiries; callers are directed at the beginning of the call to go to the website instead to avoid the charge. Lost property enquiries are dealt with online using a contact form. "99%" of customers do not need to contact the company by phone. Nakedbus does not have terminals.
Nakedbus.com sometimes code-shares with operators on smaller routes. So while most buses are in the standard black and white livery, a few buses are in another company's livery with a nakedbus sticker added.
In December 2010 Nakedbus.com launched Nakedsleep.com, a website selling beds and rooms in backpacker hostels around New Zealand. The site offers beds from $15 per person per night, excluding booking fee.
- Mills, Fraser (5 October 2006). "Online-only cheap bus fares prove popular". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- About on nakedbus.com website, retrieved 2009-03-30
- "Cheap fares bus company expands to South Island". The New Zealand Herald. NZPA. 11 February 2007. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- The Story of Nakedbus.com Article reprinted from NZ Business magazine on a Chamber of commerce website, retrieved 2009-03-30
- "nakedbus.com offers south new stripped-back service". The Southland Times. 6 October 2007. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- Agents on nakedbus.com website, retrieved 2009-04-02
- FAQ on nakedbus.com website, retrieved 2009-03-30
- Why does nakedbus.com have an 0900 number? on nakedbus.com website, retrieved 2009-03-30
- Lost Property on nakedbus.com website, retrieved 2009-03-30
- What do nakedbus.com buses look like? on nakedbus.com website, retrieved 2010-10-26
- "Bus does a runner". Stuff.co.nz. 27 January 2009. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- Nakedsleep.com website