Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport
|Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport
|Serves||Nakhon Si Thammarat, Thailand|
|Location||598 moo 10 Tambon Pak Phun, Amphoe Mueang Nakhon Si Thammarat, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Thailand|
|Elevation AMSL||13 ft / 4 m|
Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport (Thai: ท่าอากาศยานนครศรีธรรมราช) (IATA: NST, ICAO: VTSF) is an airport serving Nakhon Si Thammarat, a town in the Nakhon Si Thammarat Province of Thailand. The airport is 14 km from the city. The capacity of the arrivals terminal is 188 persons per hour and that of the departure terminal is 215 people per hour. Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport has 2 Boeing 737 parking spaces, 2 ATR 72 parking spaces, and 2 helipad spaces. Total space, 2,902,400 square meters.
Since 1985, before Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport opened, Nakhon Si Thammarat used Cha Eian Airport Army Region 4 temporarily, with Thai Airways from Surat Thani to Nakhon Si Thammarat by Short 360 aircraft and was the first service at Nakhon Si Thammarat. Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport then had Nok Air, Thai Air Asia, One-Two-Go as serving airlines. Thai Airways and PBair suspended service to Nakhon Si Thammarat.
July 22, 2008, Department of Civil Aviation (Thailand) suspension of the certificate of One Two Go Operated by Orient Thai Airlines between July 22 to September 15. And then One Two Go Operated by Orient Thai Airlines certified back already. Their service was suspended to Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport.
Today, Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport has Nok Air, Thai Air Asia, Orient Thai Airlines are available, direct route from Bangkok to Nakhon Si Thammarat. Total number of flights averages about 7 flights per day.
As Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport has many passenger increase. Naknon Si Thammarat Provincial Governor and Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport Director trying Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport to Nakhon Si Thammarat International Airport for promote tourism, economy increase, passenger increase from Nakhon Si Thammarat province and nearest province. Introduce, they are extended runway from 2,100 metres to 2,600 metres.
July 12, 2013, Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport was published in Royal Thai Government Gazette to customs airport, No. 10/1 of Ministerial Regulation prescribed port or place, customs airport, border approval way, and customs ACT 2553. Dated July 1, 2013 by Mr. Kittiratt Na Ranong, the Minister of Finance. Which resulted Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport can import and export flights and goods from international.
- Capacity of terminal building: 7,985 square metres, arrival terminal: 375 square metres, departure terminal: 375 square meters. Arrival passenger: 188 passengers/hour and departure passenger: 125 passengers/hour, total: 313 passengers/hour.
- Maximum aircraft: 32 flights/day.
- Maximum passenger: 2,504 passengers/day.
- Aircraft parking space: 17,000 square metres (85 x 200 metres), Boeing 737 2 spaces, ATR 72 2 spaces, helipad 2 spaces.
- Runway: 45 x 2,100 metres
- Total all space: 2,902,400 square metres.
Airlines and destinations
|Nok Air||Bangkok-Don Mueang||Domestic|
|Thai AirAsia||Bangkok-Don Mueang||Domestic|
- Nakhon Si Thammarat travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport Homepage
- Current weather for VTSF at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for NST at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for VTSF at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.