|— Neighbourhood in South Kolkata (Calcutta) —|
|Metro Railway Station||Gitanjali|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Area code(s)||+91 33|
Naktala (Bengali:নাকতলা) is a neighbourhood in South Kolkata, under the Kolkata Municipal Corporation in West Bengal, India. It is bounded by Ganguly Bagan to the north, Bansdroni to the west, Garia Crossing to the south and Baishnabghata to the east.
Previously forest, swampland and a peaceful rural area, dotted with ponds and the occasional dak bungalow (the erstwhile Dalgis bungalow) in between, Naktala is located by the Tolly's Nullah (Adi Ganga canal) connecting Kolkata to the Vidhyadhari River to the east. It has evolved with time from a sleepy to a bustling neighbourhood, burgeoned and prospered with the arrival of people from all over, mainly East Bengal after independence.
Naktala is an upmarket suburban area of Kolkata in the southern part of the city, in the vicinity of Tollygunge and Garia. The Netaji Subash Chandra Bose Road connecting these two places, divides Naktala into two. Presently, houses of 1, 2, 3 storeys are giving way to thoughtfully planned and aesthetically created multistoried apartments. Naktala is further bound to grow in tune with the development in Kolkata and the economic climate.
Naktala is connected by road and metro railway to the other parts of Kolkata. Many buses ply on the main Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road (NSC Bose Road) and the closest metro station is Gitanjali.
CSTC Bus routes— Route no. 6, S-7
Private Bus routes - Route no. 80A and 80B
Naktala is close to Dhakuria (4 km), Jadavpur (2 km), Garia (1.8 km), Purba Putiary (2.5 km), Panchasayar (2.5 km), Tollygunge (3.0 km), Kasba (3.3 km).
Naktala is rich in schools, with colleges mostly in Garia, Netaji Nagar and elsewhere. The schools are :
- Mukul Bose Memorial Institution
- Ananda Ashram Balika Vidyapith
- Maharishi Vidya Mandir
- Bani Bhavan High School
- Shri R K Ananda Ashram Girls School
- Khanpur Girls High School
- All Saints Academy
- GD Birla Centre for Education
- Naktala High School
- B.D. Memorial School, Bansdroni.
The Shiva Temple, on the main NSC Bose Road, the Shitala Temple, as also the Sri Guru Ashram (Durga Prashanna Paramahansha Road) and elsewhere.
Durga puja is celebrated at Naktala with great pomp. Among others, Udayan Sangha Puja Samitee and Naktala Pally Unnayan Samity have added pride to the place by winning several coveted awards through the years since inception. Now, people from all over come to enjoy these pujas. Other festivals include the Old Rath Jatra fair at Rathtala and local fairs round the year.
The educated class continues to propagate Bengali culture via drama, recitation, classical music, songs and dances, social work and more.
Sports and playgrounds 
People of Naktala are passionate about football (soccer). Cricket is also a popular sport, besides other Indian sports are also played.
Major playgrounds are those of Naktala High School, Banhi Club, IInd Scheme grounds and so forth.
There is a cricket coaching centre,Naktala Cricket Coaching Centre where children learn and play the game every thursday,saturday,sunday.The head coach is Sri Akshay Banerji.
Naktala has several nursing homes and hospitals.
- Acharya Durga Prasanna Paramhansa Sebayatan
- BC Roy Polio Clinic and Hospital for Crippled Children
- Sevangam Medical Complex
- Nidan Poly Clinic
- Meera Seva Kendra
- Springdale Health Care Unit
- Udayan Nurshing Home Near Bansdroni
- United Bank of India (IFSC CODE: utbi0nktf37, MICR CODE: 700027209)
- Allahabad Bank (IFSC CODE: alla0211177, MICR CODE: 700010059)
- State Bank of India (IFSC CODE: sbin0001510, MICR CODE: 700002068)
- United Commercial Bank
- Axis Bank
- Union Bank of India
- IDBI Bank
- Punjab and Sind Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Mohua Cinema Hall (139/1A, Raja Subodh Chandra Mullick Road)
- Malancha Cinema Hall (63, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Road)
- Navina Cinema Hall (85, Prince Anwar Shah Road)
- Fame Cinemas (South City Mall, 375, Prince Anwar Shah Road)
- Muktangan Rangalaya (123, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Road)
Naktala is a foodie's delight, with several restaurants dotting the landscape.
- Bindoosri Restaurant
- Cafe Coffee Day (At Merlin Residency)
- Chanakya (closed)
- China Palace
- Domino’s’ Pizza (At Tolly Height)
- Little China
- Majlish Fast Food
- Mimi's Kitchen
- Raj Restaurant
- Sree Guru Fast Food Centre
- T.T.K. Restaurant
- Top in Town
- Red Earth (CLOSED)
Naktala is rich in branded shops of every variety:
- Titan Eye+, Sohum Building, 358/1, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road, Naktala
- Spencer's, 239, Tolly Heights, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road, Naktala
- Apollo Medical Store, Near Naktala Post Office, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road, Naktala
- Mukhorochak, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road, Naktala
- Monginis, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road, Naktala
- The Sugar & Spice, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road, Naktala
- World of Titan, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road, Naktala
- Reebok Stores, 271A Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road, Naktala
- Big Bazaar, Shopping Mall, Ganguly Bagan
The climate is tropical. The hallmark is the monsoon season, from early June to mid September. The weather remains dry during the winter (mid November to mid February) and humid during summer.
Famous Personalities 
Naktala has been home to several eminent personalities, notably from the world of sports and entertainment. Noted footballers Krishanu De (late) & Sukumar Samajpati, vocalist Ustad Rashid Khan, actor Kanchan Mallick are residents of Naktala.
See also