Names of Hyderabad
Hyderabad is among the global centres of information technology for which it is known as Cyberabad (Cyber City). Cyberabad is well known in the southern part of India as an IT hub of Hyderabad and is used for the city as well. Some twenty square mile plot of the city is being renamed as Cyberabad where a bunch of foreign major companies have invested to evolve it as an upcoming information technology HUB.
City of Pearls
It is known by the sobriquet City of Pearls. due to presence of industry engaged in pearls trade, and until 18th century the city was the only global trade center of large diamonds. Many traditional and historical bazaars are located in and around the city. The Laad Bazaar and nearby markets has shops that sell pearls, diamonds and other traditional ware and cultural antiques. The retail industry in Hyderabad is on the rise, and multiple business districts are spread across the city. Many national and international companies have set up retail business across the city.
- Ananya Roy, Aihwa Ong (2011). Worlding Cities: Asian Experiments and the Art of Being Global. John Wiley and Sons. p. 253. ISBN 978-1-4051-9277-4.
- "An Amazon shot for city". The Times of India. 13 October 2011. Retrieved 13 October 2011.
- "Hyderabad in NYT 2011 list of must see places". Times of India. 26 January 2011. Retrieved 17 July 2011.
- "Laad Bazaar traders cry foul". The Hindu. 22 February 2008. Retrieved 22 February 2008.
- "Glory of the gates". The Hindu. 10 March 2004. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "Street Smart Shopping". Channel6. Retrieved 22 August 2011.
- "Hyderabad, Chennai & Bangalore witness high rental growth: Retail survey". Business Line. Retrieved 16 November 2007.
- "Will the real central hub stand up?". The Hindu. 23 July 2005. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
|This India-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|