Namkhana (community development block)
|— Community development block —|
|District||South 24 Parganas|
|Assembly constituency||Kakdwip, Sagar|
|• Total||87.70 sq mi (227.14 km2)|
|• Density||1,830/sq mi (707/km2)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Literacy Rate||78.40 per cent|
Namkhana (community development block) (Bengali: নামখানা সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক) is an administrative division in Kakdwip subdivision of South 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Kakdwip and Namkhana police stations serve this block. Headquarters of this block is at Namkhana.
Namkhana is located at.
Gram panchayats 
As per 2001 census, Namkhana block had a total population of 160,630, out of which 82,234 were males and 78,396 were females. Namkhana block registered a population growth of 19,56 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for South 24 Parganas district was 20.89 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per 2001 census, Namkhana block had a total literacy of 78.40 per cent for the 6+ age group. While male literacy was 88.64 per cent female literacy was 67.63 per cent. South 24 Parganas district had a total literacy of 69.45 per cent, male literacy being 79.19 per cent and female literacy being 59.01 per cent.
National Highway 117 passes through Namkhana. Namkhana is located at a distance of about 80 km from Kolkata. It is also very close to Bakkhali which also happens to be a quaint little town by the sea like Digha
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". South 24 Parganas district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, South Twentyfour Parganas District (18)". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Annexure A of 322 (Sanction)-RD/CCA/BRGF/IC-02/08; Date: 27.03.2009 – Statement of Release of Development Grant under BRGF. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 5, South Twentyfour Parganas District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Next weekend you can be at ... Frazerganj". The Telegraph, 20 November 2005. Retrieved 2011-10-09.
- "A Great Escape". The Statesman, 13 June 2006. Retrieved 2011-10-09.
- "Eastern Railway Sealdah". Indian Railways. Retrieved 2011-10-09.