Namrata Singh Gujral
|Namrata Singh Gujral|
Namrata Singh Gujral on the set of Americanizing Shelley
February 26, 1976 |
Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh, India
|Occupation||Film, television actress|
Namrata Singh Gujral (born February 26, 1976) is an American actress.
Life and career
According to India West, in 2013 Gujral got treated for Burkitt's Lymphoma, the most aggressive cancer known to humans and a form of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. She was treated with aggressive chemotherapy including intrathecal chemotherapy at City of Hope for six months. The cause of lymphoma was prior chemotherapy from 2008 for breast cancer.
She is currently in remission from both cancers and launching The Thrive Channel in 2014. Ref: http://www.indiawest.com/news/12691-Actress-Fights-Lymphoma--Urges-Community-Awareness.html.
Earlier in 2008, Gujral was treated for early stage, invasive Breast Cancer cancer. She underwent surgery and chemotherapy.
She is featured in Uniglobe Entertainment's cancer docu-drama titled 1 a Minute released in 600 theaters. This is the largest release to date for a cancer-related film in cinema history. The docudrama is directed and produced by Gujral and also stars breast cancer survivors Olivia Newton-John, Diahann Carroll, Melissa Etheridge, Mumtaz, Jaclyn Smith and cancer survivors Lisa Ray, Barbara Mori and cancer treatment advocates Deepak Chopra, William Baldwin, Daniel Baldwin, Priya Dutt and Nancy Brinker. This marked Gujral's directorial debut.
- Producer for The Thrive Channel launch in 2014.
- Producer/Director for breast cancer docu-drama titled 1 a Minute, which was scheduled for release in October 2010.
- "Shalini Singh/Shelley" in WB's Americanizing Shelley with Beau Bridges and Wil Wheaton.
- "Vidi" in 2009 release Mitsein
- "Fari Bin Ghori" on CBS's The Agency
- "Nurse Kathy" on NBC's Passions
- "Renu Mathur" in Bollywood blockbuster Kaante with Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt, Kumar Gaurav, Malaika Arora Khan and Suneil Shetty.
- German–Samoan beauty, Anna Kraus in the staged reading of The Shark Hunter where she co-starred with Yancey Arias (of King Pins and Miss Saigon).
- Cameo appearance in the Ben Kingsley/Jennifer Connelly starrer House of Sand and Fog
- "Jaya Kushala" in Microsoft's Xbox game Quantum Redshift
- Saira Ahmed in Family Law (TV series)
- Yossi Saadi in Dragnet (series)
Gujral made her singing debut with her recently recorded single Dancin' In The Clouds, a never-been-done-before American Country rock meets Bollywood style duet, with country star Steve Azar ("Waitin’ On Joe w/ Morgan Freeman), currently playing on Country Music Television. The single also features on MTV and VH1. Well known Hollywood composer Jay Ferguson of Spirit and Jo Jo Gunne fame produced the single, reportedly making her the first American artist with Eastern roots to be featured on CMT.
- AskMen.Com's "Actress-Of-The-Week" in November 2007.
- For her role of Pakistani-American "Saira Ahmed" on the CBS series Family Law, Gujral, along with co-stars Tony Danza and Kathleen Quinlan, were Columbia Tristar's official nomination for the 2002 Emmy Awards.
- 1 a Minute (2010)
- STILL (2010)
- Americanizing Shelley (2007)
- Kaante (2002)
- House of Sand and Fog (2003)
- Mitsein (2009)
- The Agency CBS – (2001–2002)
- Passions NBC – (2001–2005)
- Family Law (2001)
- Dragnet (2004)
- Training Day (2001)
|2007||"Dancin' in the Clouds" (with Steve Azar)|
- University of West Florida. Uwf.edu (2011-12-07). Retrieved on 2012-01-01.
- "Indian Star Rallies Celebrity Support For Cancer Movie". Contactmusic (2009-10-08). Retrieved on 2012-01-01.
- Videos: Namrata Singh Gujral : Steve Azar & Namrata Singh Gujral "Dancin' in the Clouds" (from the film Americanizing Shelley). CMT. Retrieved on 2012-01-01.
- Namrata Singh Gujral. AskMen.com Retrieved on 2012-01-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Namrata Singh Gujral.|
- Namrata Singh Gujral at the Internet Movie Database
- Namrata Singh Gujral on Americanizing Shelley
- American Idol: Namrata Singh Gujral