|District||Kampala Capital City Authority|
|Elevation||1,200 m (3,900 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Namungoona is bordered by unincorporated Wakiso District to the west, northwest and to the north, the Kampala-Hoima Road and Kawaala to the east, Kasubi to the southeast, Lubya and Lusaze to the south and Busega to the southwest. This location is approximately 6.5 kilometres (4.0 mi), by road, northwest of the downtown area of Kampala. The coordinates of Namungoona are:0°19'59.0"N, 32°32'03.0"E (Latitude:0.333050; Longitude:32.534175).
Namungoona is primarily a middle-income residential neighborhood, including high-rise apartment complexes and semi-detached family housing., with middle-class single-family residences interspersed between the apartment towers. The Kampala Northern Bypass Highway passes through Namungoona. Also located in this area is the headquarters of the Uganda Orthodox Church, together with a hospital and two schools.
Points of interest
The following points of interest are found in or near Namungoona:
- The headquarters of the Uganda Orthodox Church
- Chwa II Memorial College and Namungoona Orthodox Primary School
- Holy Cross Mission Hospital - A private hospital administered by the Uganda Orthodox Church
- The Kampala Northern Bypass Highway - The highway passes through the northern reaches of Namungoona in a west to east direction
- Namungoona Condominium and Apartment Complex - A development by National Housing and Construction Company with an estimated 2,368 housing units, when complete.
- St. Kizito Primary School - A kindergarten and elementary school administered by BULAinc, an NGO based in Bayport, New York, USA.
- St. Nicholas Uganda Children's Fund