October 5, 1943 |
Shreveport, Louisiana, USA
|Spouse(s)||Ralph Pine, David Ford, Harold Kaplan, Stuart S. Leichter|
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (April 2008)|
After graduating from UCLA, she married Ralph Pine, her agent. The couple moved to New York City, New York, where she landed the role of "Carolyn Stoddard" on the gothic soap opera Dark Shadows in June 1966.
While on the show, she met David Ford, who was one of the other actors on the show. Following her divorce from Pine, Barrett and Ford married in 1967; the marriage lasted two years.
While on Dark Shadows, she appeared in two movies based on the series – House of Dark Shadows (1970) and Night of Dark Shadows (1971). The series itself was canceled in April 1971. She appeared in a total of four hundred and five episodes.
Barrett married psychiatrist Harold Kaplan in the early seventies. Throughout that decade, she appeared on numerous soaps, including The Doctors, One Life to Live, Somerset, and Ryan's Hope. She made her last on-screen appearance in 1986's Belizaire the Cajun.
Barrett is currently married to retired prominent New York dentist and theater aficionado, Stuart S. Leichter. They split their time between Phoenix, Arizona and New York.
- Dark Shadows (1966–1971) ... Carolyn Stoddard, Millicent Collins-Forbes, Charity Trask, Pansy Faye, Carolyn Stoddard Loomis, Leticia Faye, Melanie Collins Young, Amanda Collins (TV)
- House of Dark Shadows (1970) ... Carolyn Stoddard
- Night of Dark Shadows (1971) ... Clair Jenkins
- The Doctors (1971–1972) ... Kathy Ryker #2 (TV)
- One Life to Live (1974) ... Rachel Wilson Farmer (TV)
- Somerset (1975) ... Unknown (TV)
- Ryan's Hope (1976) ... Faith Coleridge #2 (TV)
- The Adams Chronicles (1976) ... Elizabeth Cameron (TV)
- One Life to Live (1982) ... Debra Van Druden (TV)
- Belizaire the Cajun (1986) ... Rebecca
- Nancy Barrett at the Internet Movie Database
- Nancy Barrett at the Internet Broadway Database
- Nancy Barrett at the Internet Off-Broadway Database