||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2012)|
Nancy Beiman is a director, character designer, teacher, and animator.
In 1986 Beiman cofounded Caged Beagle Productions with business partner Dean Yeagle. She then moved to Berlin, Germany where she directed and animated for Gerhard Hahn Film Productions. In 1989 she was a supervising animator at Steven Spielberg's Amblin' studio in London.
Beiman has taught animation at Savannah College of Art and Design, and taught animation, character design, layout, storyboard and gesture drawing at Rochester Institute of Technology, School of Film & Animation from 2004 to 2008. Many of her students work as lead artists in feature and gaming studios. She now teaches storyboard at Sheridan College's Animation department in Canada.
Beiman is the author of two books on animation acting and storyboard: Prepare to Board! and Animated Performance. Her interviews with animation artists appeared in Cartoonist Profiles magazine from 1982 to 1995.
Beiman was awarded a Golden Pencil for outstanding teaching at the 2D or Not 2D Animation festival in 2007.
- Winsa, Patty (30 April 2010). "Wonderland swaps Scooby Doo for Snoopy". Toronto Star. Retrieved 14 April 2012.
- Murdock, Kelly L (April 16, 2007). "Book Reviews: Storyboards, Motion in Art & Prepare to Board!". awn.com. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- Krause, Fran (October 19, 2010). "Book Review: Animated Performance". awn.com. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- Borgna, Brandon (5 January 2007). "RIT Student Filmmakers Recognized at International Animation Festival". RIT University News. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- Nancy Beiman at the Internet Movie Database
- The Demon Duck of Doom (Nancy Beiman's blog)
- Meet the Character Animator: NANCY BEIMAN article
- Interview with Beiman at FLIP animation magazine Retrieved March 2013
|This article relating to an American animator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|