||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013)|
Carell at the 2010 Academy Awards
|Born||Nancy Ellen Walls
July 19, 1966
Cohasset, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Other names||Nancy Walls|
|Spouse(s)||Steve Carell (m. 1995)|
Carell was born Nancy Ellen Walls in Cohasset, Massachusetts to Robert and Carol Walls. She is an alumna of Boston College, where she was a member of My Mother's Fleabag, a popular improv comedy group on campus.
Carell got her start in comedy at The Second City in Chicago, and like many of the troupe's alumni went on to join the cast of Saturday Night Live (1995–96), where she was best known for her impression of CNN anchor Bobbie Battista. A few years later, she held a correspondent position on the satirical TV news program The Daily Show. She voiced the character of Helen Goode on the Mike Judge-created animated series The Goode Family on ABC, where she was credited for the first time as Nancy Carell instead of Nancy Walls. Carell occasionally guest-starred on The Office, which starred her husband Steve Carell until 2011, as Carol Stills, a real estate agent and former girlfriend of her husband's character, Michael Scott. She also had a brief appearance in the movie Bridesmaids.
Carell is married to Steve Carell, her former fellow correspondent on The Daily Show. The couple met at the Second City Training Center when she took a course taught by Steve. They have two children, Elisabeth Anne Carell (born May 25, 2001) and John Carell (born June 2004).
- Saturday Night Live as Herself/Various (1995–1996)
- The Daily Show as Correspondent (1999–2002)
- Anger Management as Flight Attendant (2003)
- The 40-Year-Old Virgin as Health Clinic Counselor (2005)
- The Office as Carol Stills (2005–2006, 2010, 2013)
- The Goode Family as Helen Goode (2009)
- Bridesmaids as Helen's tennis partner (2011)
- Seeking a Friend for the End of the World as Linda Petersen (2012)