Nancy Harris is an Irish writer.
Early life and education
She was educated at Trinity College Dublin, earning a B.A. in Drama Studies and Classical Civilization in 2002, and the University of Birmingham, where she completed an M.Phil. in Playwriting Studies in 2004,
She was awarded The Stuart Parker Award 2012 for her first original full length play 'No Romance' which premiered at The Abbey Theatre in Dublin. The play was also nominated for an Irish Times Theatre Award, a Zebbie Award and was a finalist for The Susan Smith Blackburn Prize in 2012. Her play 'Our New Girl', premiered at The Bush Theatre London and was long-listed for an Evening Standard 'Most Promising Playwright Award' in 2013.
Harris currently lives in London.
- Drama Graduate Nancy Harris receives the Rooney Prize
- Walsh, Fintan (12 December 2011). "I try to get under the skin". Irish Theatre Magazine.
- "Dramatist Harris wins Rooney Prize". The Irish Times. 2 October 2012. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- March 2011 interview
- Stewart Parker Trust Award Wins for Nancy Harris, Stacey Gregg and Paul Mercier
- Irish Theatre Magazine review of No Romance