Nanda (also Nandha and Nandhra) is a Tarkhan (Punjab), Rajput and Khatri surname. Various clans of Tarkhan (Punjab), Lohar, Gujjar, Ahluwalia, Khatri, Rajput, Sonar, Lubana, Tonk Kshatriya/Chhimba tribes have a close genetic and ancestral relationship with each other, and together they are the descendants of ancient Kamboja/Kamboh/Kamboj tribe . Same is the case of Nanda clan.
|Gujjar Clan, Kamboj Clan, Lohar Clan, Tarkhan Clan,: Nanda
||Punjab (Pakistan), Punjab (India), Haryana, North-West Frontier Province, Balochistan, etc.
||Chechen, Georgian, Abkhaz
||Islam, Sikhism, Hinduism
||Punjabi, Haryanvi, Rajasthani, Urdu, Balochi
||Nanda, Nandhra, Nandey, Nandhrah, Nandra, Nandhar, Nandharah, Nandhera, Nandha, Nandan, Nandal, Wattu, Wattoo
Among Kamboj people
Nanda (and Nandha) is a Kamboj clan name found among the Sikhs, Muslims and Hindus Kamboj of India, Pakistan and Afghanistan .
Among people of the Tarkhan (Punjab) tribe
Some of the Tarkhan people such as Ramgarhias of Mohali, Jallandhar, Amritsar, and Chandigarh have Nanda as their surname.
- Gulzarilal Nanda, Indian Prime Minister
- Gulshan Nanda (d. 1984), Indian novelist and screenwriter
- Meera Nanda, Indian writer, historian and philosopher of science
- Nikhil Nanda (b. 1974), Indian businessman, Joint Managing Director of Escorts Group
- Ritu Nanda, daughter of Raj Kapoor
- Sardarilal Mathradas Nanda (1915–2009), Indian Navy admiral
- Diwan Rahul Nanda, Global Chairman of TOPSGRUP, an Indian MNC to acquire Great Britain’s leading security company
- ^ Chandigarh?, 1997, p 83, Swaran Singh, V. Bhalla, Anthropological Survey of India - Social Science.
- ^ Kamoj Itihaas, 1972, p 42, H. S. Thind.
- ^ The Kambojas Through the Ages, 2005, p 423, K. S. Dardi.
- ^