|District of Maharashtra|
Location of Nanded district in Maharashtra
|Administrative division||Nanded division|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||1. Nanded,
2. Hingoli (shared with Hingoli District)
(Based on Election Commission official website)
|• Assembly seats||9|
|• Total||10,422 km2 (4,024 sq mi)|
|• Density||320/km2 (840/sq mi)|
|• Urban||27.19 %|
|• Sex ratio||943|
|Major highways||NH-222, National Highway 204|
|Average annual precipitation||954 mm|
Nanded District lies in the eastern portion of Marathwada region, which corresponds to Aurangabad Division of Maharashtra. The district is bounded by Nizamabad, Medak and Adilabad districts of Telangana on the east, by Bidar District of Karnataka falls on the south, by Parbhani and Latur districts of Marathwada on the west, and Yavatmal District of Maharashtra's Vidarbha region on the north. The influence of Telangana, Karnataka and Vidarbha can be seen on the language, behaviour and general conduct of the people of Nanded.[original research?]
Geographical Area : 10,502 km²
Total Population : 3,361,292
Male : 14.81 Lakhs
Female : 13.94 Lakhs
Urban to Total Population : 27.19%
Normal Rainfall : 901 mm
Taluka or Mandal : 16
Per Capita Income : Rs 23,801
Population (1991 Census, in 1000s) : 2,330 (Males=1,198 Females=1,132)
Density : 319 per km²
Literacy : 75.45%
Male Literacy : 84.27%
Female Literacy : 66.15%
Amenities and infrastructural facilities
Total inhabited villages: 1,546
Amenities No. of villages
Drinking water facilities: 1,538
Important Towns (Largest three) Safe Drinking water: 1,537
Population Electricity (Power Supply): 1,531
Primary school: 1,536
Middle schools: 768
Secondary/Sr Secondary schools: 504
Medical facility: 209
Primary Health Centre: 71
Primary Health Sub-Centre: 111
Bus services: 1,141
Paved approach road: 1,049
Mud approach road: 4
Historical Importance : Sachkhand Gurudwara(Hazur sahib), Renuka Devi Mandir Mahur, Dargah at Kandhar
Commercial Banks : 132
Industrial Estates : Nanded, Dharmabad, Loha, Degloor, Kinwat, Krushnoor (SEZ).
Upon reorganization of states in 1956, the district of Nanded came to comprise six talukas namely Kandhar, Hadgaon, Biloli, Degloor, Mudhol whereas Mukhed and Bhokar were called Mahals (revenue headquarters). As a result of reorganization of states, Bichkunda, Jukkal villages of Degloor taluka as well as the whole of Mudhol taluka (excluding Dharmabad) were merged with Nizamabad District of Andhra Pradesh. In lieu of them, Kinwat and Islapur villages were separated from Adilabad District and made part of Nanded District again. Islapur village was combined with Kinwat taluka and Dharmabad came to be merged with Biloli taluka.
The 10th and last living guru of Sikhs, Shri. Guru Gobind Singhji stayed in Nanded for 14 months and from here that he transferred the title of Guru to "Aad Granth" as "Guru Granth Sahib ji". Nanded is mentioned in the Ramayana, as the place where Bharat's mother came from. Recently Mahur[disambiguation needed] was declared as Tourist place. The Goddedss Renuka temple is the major attraction for tourist from religious views. Also there are lot many religious temples in nearby areas in Mahur viz Datta & Lord Parashuram temples. Malegaon (Loha taluka) is famous for Khandoba Yatra. This yatra is held annually and it is biggest Yatra in south India. Merchants from all India come here to buy or sell animals like horse, camel, sheep, goats, cow, dog etc.
One of the well known poem explain about the Nanded District Periphery and its cultural and historical important is given here.
नंद राजाचे मूळ ,आहे तीर्थ गोदातीर वाहे पुण्य प्रवाह ,करी शुद्ध सान थोर गोदेचा तो निर्मळ पाट ,जनी उल्हासाचे घाट पुण्य स्नान पूजेसाठी ,संत चालती ही वाट
संस्कृत भाषेची महती,सांगे वामन पंडित गुरु गोबिंद येथेच ,विलीन चिरशांत शंकर सागर तो राजा, राज्य चालवले थोर जल संस्कृती पूजक, प्रजा सारी बिनघोर
सहस्रकुंड जलप्रपात ,राष्ट्रकुटांचा भुईकोट सिद्धेश्वर,हजरत ,उनकदेव,दत्तमठ विष्णूकव,दासगणू ,नेरलीचे कुष्ठधाम क्षेत्रपती परमेश्वर ,तटावरी काळेश्वर
ज्ञानतीर्थ परिसरी ज्ञान वर्षे विदयापीठ समर्थ राष्ट्रासाठी ,उभे होती इथे रठ्रृठ मुक्तीगाथा अन सवे नरहरांची गोड वाणी जन सारे गावोगावी ,गाती खंडोबाची गाणी
आदीग्रंथाचे पठण रोज करी शाीख जाट मौलवीही रोज सांगे ,चाला अल्लाह ची वाट पीठ पुर्ण रेणूकेचे ,भूमी बुद्ध बाबरीची काय वर्णावी थेारवी ,नंदीग्राम नगरीची.
one of the former university student of SRTMUN Pinnalwar D.K. wrote the Marathi poem in year 2003 which is immense popular in local people. the poem best explain the District Cultural and Historical importance.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Nanded one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the twelve districts in Maharashtra currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
Nanded district having good education facilities in Marathwada Region.
- Universities - 01: Nanded University
- Medical Colleges - 02
- Engineering Colleges - 03
- Diploma Engineering Colleges - 10
- Pharmacy Colleges - 03
- Diploma in Pharmacy - 10
- Existing Status of Industrial Areas in the District Nanded.
- Total Industrial Unit No = 1482
- No. of Industrial Area No = 6
- Turnover of Small Scale Industries In lacs = 54391
- Turnover of Medium & Large Scale Industries In lacs = 124520
Medium & large scale industries/public sector undertakings
- Humata Jaiwantrao Patil Sugar mills ltd., Surya Nagar, Hadgaon, Nanded
- Jai Ambika Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana, Kuntur, Naigaon, Nanded
- Godavari Manar Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana, Shankar nagar, Biloli, Nanded
- Bhaurao Chavan Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana, Ardhapur, Nanded
- Jai Shiv Shankar Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana, Shaikah Nagar, Mukhed, Nanded
- Kirti Food Ltd., MIDC, Balapur, Dharmabad, Nanded
- Pioneer Distilleries Ltd., Balapur, Dharmabad, Nanded
- Jai Corporation Ltd., MIDC, Nanded
- Shankar Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana, Waghalwada, Umri, Nanded
- Kohinoor Feeds & Fats, MIDC, Nanded
- Shiva Fertilizer Ltd., Dhakani, Loha, Nanded
- Kalamber Vibhag Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana, Kalambar, Loha, Nanded
- Sai Samaran Foods Ltd., MIDC Nanded
- Maharashtra Krushi & Udyog Vikas Mahamandal, MIDC, Nanded
- Godaveri Drugs Ltd., MIDC, Nanded
- XL Telecom & Energy Ltd., MIDC, Nanded
- Tata Chemical Ltd., MIDC Nanded
- Ind-Bharat Energy Ltd., Mukhed, Nanded
- Flamingo Pharmasuticals, MIDC, Krushnoor, Nanded
- Advance Steel Structures India Pvt. Ltd. MIDC Krushnoor, Nanded
- Dr. Reddeys Laboratories Ltd., MIDC Krushnoor, Nanded
The District of Nanded lies between 180 15 ' to 190 55' North latitudes and 770 to 78025' East longitudes. It covers area of above 10,332 per Sq. km. It is located in the south eastern part of the state. It is bounded on the North by Yavatmal District, on the South West by Latur District, on the North West by Parbhani Distirct of Maharashtra State, on the East and South East by Adilabad and Nizamabad Districts of Telangana State and on the South by Bidar District of Karnataka State. The area presents undulating topography with uneven hills, plateau, gentle slopes and valley planes. Physiographically, the district can be divided in to 2 major parts, the hilly region on the North and North East and low lying area on the banks of the rivers Godavari, Manjra, Manyad, Penganga etc.
According to the 2011 census Nanded district has a population of 3,356,566, roughly equal to the nation of Uruguay or the US state of Connecticut. This gives it a ranking of 99th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 319 inhabitants per square kilometre (830/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 16.7%. Nanded has a sex ratio of 937 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 76.94%.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme" (PDF). National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Uruguay 3,308,535 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- M. Paul Lewis, ed. (2009). "Andh: A language of India". Ethnologue: Languages of the World (16th edition ed.). Dallas, Texas: SIL International. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
||Hingoli district||Yavatmal district||Adilabad district, Telangana|
|Parbhani district||Nizamabad district, Telangana|
|Latur district||Bidar district, Karnataka|