Rafael in 2007.
|Full name||Nando Rafael|
|Date of birth||10 January 1984|
|Place of birth||Luanda, Angola|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2010||→ FC Augsburg (loan)||10||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 03:54, 13 November 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
He fled from the Angolan Civil War at the age of eight after both of his parents had been killed, and resided at first illegally in the Netherlands. There he did not receive a work permit and was therefore unable to play football professionally, forcing him to move elsewhere.
In 2002 he signed for Hertha BSC in Germany. In 2006 he was signed by Borussia Mönchengladbach. His first season at AGF was partly spoiled by injuries, making his impact on the team less significant than expected. His physically strong appearance makes him a solid target player, but he also has good technical skills and is a competent goal scorer. He joined from AGF on 10 January 2010 on loan to FC Augsburg for one season. On 19 July 2010, Rafael signed a two-year contract with FC Augsburg.
Rafael eventually received a German passport and was a German international at U21 level. He is currently awaiting for the FIFA's approval to represent officially Angola in the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations. He already played for Palancas Negras in a rated-B friendly match against Portuguese side Sporting CP on 10 November 2011.
- "Brian Steen: Typisk AGF" (in Danish). Ekstra Bladet. 1 July 2010. Retrieved 5 July 2010.
- "FCA verpflichtet Nando Rafael" (in German). FC Augsburg. 19 July 2010. Retrieved 19 July 2010.
- 南多.拉斐尔正式签约河南建业 (in Chinese). Henan Jianye F.C. 27 June 2013. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- "Nando Rafael aguarda autorização da FIFA para representar Palancas" (in Portuguese). portalangop.co.ao. 6 January 2012. Retrieved 8 January 2012.
- AGF profile (Danish)
- Nando Rafael at fussballdaten.de (German)
- Official Danish league stats (Danish)