Nando de Colo
De Colo in 2014 on the Spurs
|No. 1 – CSKA Moscow|
|Position||Point guard / Shooting guard|
23 June 1987 |
|Nationality||French / Portuguese|
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Listed weight||200 lb (91 kg)|
|NBA draft||2009 / Round: 2 / Pick: 53rd overall|
|Selected by the San Antonio Spurs|
|2006–2009||Cholet Basket (France)|
|2012–2014||San Antonio Spurs|
|2012–2014||→Austin Toros (D-League)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Nando de Colo (born 23 June 1987) is a French professional basketball player who plays for CSKA Moscow of the VTB United League. Standing at 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m), he plays at the point guard and shooting guard positions.
De Colo was born in Sainte-Catherine-lès-Arras, France to parents who were both born and raised in Portugal. He attended Lycée Fernand Renaudeau in Cholet and made his first appearance on the Cholet U20 team in 2004–05.
De Colo made his professional debut during the 2006–07 season with Cholet Basket of the LNB Pro A. Under supervision of head coach Erman Kunter, he helped the team win the 2008 Semaine des As and reach the finals of the 2008 French Cup and of the 2009 Eurochallenge.
San Antonio Spurs
On 10 July 2012, De Colo announced he would not be re-signing with Valencia in order to play the NBA. On 13 July 2012, he signed a two-year deal with the San Antonio Spurs. During his rookie and sophomore seasons, he had multiple assignments with the Austin Toros of the NBA D-League. de Colo reached the 2013 NBA Finals with the Spurs, but the team lost to the Miami Heat in seven games.
On 9 July 2014, De Colo signed a two-year deal (with the third option year) with the Russian club CSKA Moscow of the VTB United League. In May 2015, he was chosen to the All-Euroleague Second Team for the performances he put over the season.
CSKA Moscow has managed to advance to the Euroleague Final Four for fourth straight season, after eliminating Panathinaikos for the second straight season in the quarter-final series with 3–1. However, in the semifinal game, despite being dubbed by media as an absolute favorite to advance, once again lost to Olympiacos. The final score was 70–68, after great Olympiacos comeback in 4th quarter, led by Vassilis Spanoulis. CSKA Moscow eventually won the third place after defeating Fenerbahçe with 86–80. In his second Euroleague season, De Colo averaged career-high 14.4 points, 3.2 rebounds and 3.1 assists over 28 games played. On May 21, 2015, De Colo won the VTB United League MVP Award.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The Euroleague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season, he also played in domestic competition.
|Led the league|
De Colo is also a member of the senior men's French national basketball team, and has played with them at the FIBA EuroBasket 2009, 2010 FIBA World Championship, FIBA EuroBasket 2011, and FIBA EuroBasket 2013. He won a silver medal at the EuroBasket 2011 in Lithuania, and a gold medal at the EuroBasket 2013 in Slovenia.
De Colo participated in the 2012 London Olympics. He played a major role on the team, following the loss of Tony Parker to injury, prior to the tournament. He displayed strong offense and defense, scoring seven points in their game against the United States.
|Tournament||Games played||Points per game||Rebounds per game||Assists per game|
|2010 FIBA World Championship||6||8.8||1.8||2.2|
- "Un ancien élève en NBA". Lycée Fernand Renaudeau. 25 June 2009. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- De Colo left Cholet
- De Colo is now a Valencia player
- Nando De Colo leaves Valencia for the Spurs
- Spurs sign guard Nando De Colo
- 2012-13 NBA Assignments
- 2013-14 NBA Assignments
- Raptors Acquire Nando De Colo
- "CSKA Moscow snags De Colo on two-year deal". Euroleague.net. 9 July 2014. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
- "Nando De Colo has become the first Frenchman in CSKA history". cskabasket.com. 9 July 2014. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
- "All-Euroleague First and Second Teams announced". euroleague.net. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "CSKA Moscow routs Panathinaikos to claim Final Four berth". euroleague.net. 22 April 2015. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- "Spanoulis comes through again as Olympiacos stuns CSKA". euroleague.net. 15 May 2015. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- "CSKA Moscow beats Fenerbahce in third-place game". eurolague.net. 17 May 2015. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- Nando de Colo named regular season MVP
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nando de Colo.|
- Career statistics and player information from Basketball-Reference.com
- Nando de Colo at acb.com (Spanish)
- Nando de Colo at draftexpress.com
- Nando de Colo at eurobasket.com
- Nando de Colo at eurolague.net
- Nando de Colo on Twitter