|Elevation||262 m (860 ft)|
|Postal Index Number||443404|
Nandura is a town and a municipal council in Buldhana district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is the headquarters of Nandura taluka. Situated on the National Highway No. 6 and Mumbai-Howrah railway line, Nandura in an important town in the Buldhana district. Nandura municipality was established during the British Raj in 1931.
Nandura is a twin town; Nandura Buzruk (Greater Nandura) is separated from a village of the same name (Nandura Khurd or Little Nandura) by the Dnyanganga River, though the village is officially considered as the part of Nandura itself.
As of 2001[update] India census, Nandura had a population of 37,470. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Nandura has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 76%, and female literacy is 62%. A total of 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Nandura has a sub post office and telegraph office with pincode 443404. Modern communication services like telephone and cellphones has now been a common thing. Internet is also evolving as a mean of communication, though it is not in the mainstream yet.
Nandura has oil mills, dal mills, and jinning and pressing industry along with handlooms. In older days, Nandura was known for cotton products like ropes, handmade cotton dhoti and saris, etc. Nandura's milk products like Khava are famous for its quality and taste and is transported daily to several adjoining districts.
Nandura also acts an important trade center in the locality. Trading of wheat, jowar, pulses, cotton, onion, chilli, lemon and several vegetables like Brinjal are the prominent ones.
Nandura has educational facilities from preschool to graduation level. Some of the institutions are listed below:
- Majidai Urdu Highschool,Chandur Biswa
- C.S.Kothari high school and college
- Shivaji high school
- Pundlik Maharaj Senior College
- Bharatiya Dnyanpeeth Vidyalaya
- Kothari D.Ed College
- Inayatia high school and Jr.college
- Inayatiya Girls High School, Nawab Pura, Nandura
- Inayatiya Primary School, Gaibi Nagar, Nandura
- Maulana Azad High School
- Smt. Tulsaibai Ranglalji Zambad Senior College ( B.Sc. & B.Com [Eng. Medium])
- Smt. Tulsibai Ranglalji Zambad VidyaNiketan,(C.B.S.E. affiliated School class 1 to 12 in Buldana Dist.)
- Zambad Kids(Nursury, LKG, UKG)
- Jangli maharaj semi English convent
- Computer Education:- STCI Nandura
kothari english convent-:
Nandura tehsil is part of Malkapur Sub-Division of Buldhana district, along with Motala and Malkapur tehsils. It has its borders with Malkapur tehsil in the west, Jalgaon Jamod tehsil in the north, Khamgaon and Shegaon tehsils in the east, and Khamgaon and Motala tehsils in the south.
Nandura tehsil has area of 462 square km and consist of 103 villages has a population of around 1,28,000. In 2011, Mr Santosh P.Kharade was elected in municipal election as independent candidate. He was elected because of his wide public work. .
Some of these villages are Chandur Biswa, Wadner, Nimgaon, Takli(Wachpal), Jigaon, Palsoda, Patonda, Mamulwadi, Higana Gavhad, Mominabad, Sawargaon, Sirsodi, Yerali,Belad (Sabe), Alampur, Narakhed, Pimpalkhuta Dhande, Rasulpur, Wadali, Dighi, Khumgaon, Dahigaon,Matoda,sonaj, Danora, Kati, Dahivadi, Potali, Medhali, Wadi, Shegaon, Lonwadi, Malegaon Gond, Wasadi, Khadatgaon, Mahalundi, Jawala Bazar, Takarkhed, Fuli, Khaira, and Shemba.,>Buldhana district website</ref>
The 108-feet statue of Lord Hanuman is a main tourist attraction in the town. It is situated on the national highway no. 6. About Murti : Height:108 ft. Chest:70 ft. Base:30 ft. Tail:70 ft. Arm:25 ft.(diameter) Gada 30 ft. Sole 34 ft. Nail of sole:15 ft. description: Lord Hanuman is son of Pawan (Air) and Anjani (the woman of highly spiritual native). Lord Hanuman is called PAWANSUT (Son of Air) and ANJANIPUTRA (Son of Anjani). About Murti :Height:108 ft.Chest:70 ft. Base:30 ft. Tail:70 ft. Arm:25 ft.(diameter) Gada 30 ft. Sole 34 ft. Nail of sole:15 ft. Getting there :By Air : Nearest Airport is Aurangabad, 197 km and Nagpur 317 km By Rail :NANDURA is situated on Mumbai - Howara(via NAGPUR) Railway Route, from Bhusawal Distance 90 km West By ROAD: One can approach by Road/Bus from Khamgaon a distance of 18 km connected with National High Way No.6. Direct Buses of state transport available from major cities of Maharashtra. THE MURTI CAN BE VIEWABLE FROM TRAINS RUNNING BETWEEN BHUSAWAL-NAGPUR-BHUSAWAL LINE. 35 SECONDS BEFORE (DOWN LINE RIGHT SIDE) AND AFTER (UP-LINE LEFT SIDE) OF THE TRAINS THROUGH NANDURA RAILWAY STATION...
||Purna River, Manegaon, Jalgaon Jamod|
|Malkapur, Buldhana||Jalamb, Shegaon|
- Nāndūra (Approved) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Nāndūra Buzruk (Variant) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- "The Gazetteers Department - Buldhana". Retrieved March 17, 2010.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Buldhana District Disaster Plan, Relief & Rehabilitation Division, Revenue and Forest Deaprtment, Government of Maharashtra
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nandura.|