|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2008)|
Those with the last name Nanduri are said to hail from the village of Nanduru which is located near Bapatla and Ponnur (small towns in the Guntur District of Andhra Pradesh). There is a village called Nanduru in East Godavari District of Andhra Pradesh as well which leads to some ambiguity. Those with this last name could be Niyogi Brahmins or Sri Vaishnava Brahmins or they could also be from a caste other than the Brahmin caste. For the most part, those with this last name are predominately Brahmins. Many have migrated from Nanduru and they have settled in various part of Andhra Pradesh. Some are known to have settled in a village known as Lingala, which in located in the Khammam District of Andhra Pradesh. Lingala is said to have been ruled by kings with the last name Nanduri hundreds of years ago.
People with the last name are also prevalent in the Indian state of Maharashtra. In Maharashtra, near the city Nashik through which the Godavari River flows, there exists a village called Nandur(i), pronounced Nāndūr. Inhabitants of this village are mostly of the Deshastha Brahmin sub-caste.
Some famous people with the last name Nanduri:
- Nanduri Subbarao - a famous poet who is known for his culturally acclaimed Yenki Paatalu
- Nanduri Prasada Rao - a famous freedom fighter
- Nanduri Ramakrishnamacharyulu - a famous well known Telugu poet, scholar
- Nanduri Bapiraju - a prominent freedom fighter and Andhra Pradesh High Court Advocate
- Nanduri Ramamohanarao - Author, Veteran Journalist, former Editor of Andhrajyothy.
- Nanduri Jaya Krishna- Director, Chairman - JPR Research Pvt Ltd.
- Nanduri Venkata Subba Rao Dr.(late) Professor and Principal Osmania University College Of Science,Hyderabad
- Nanduri Rama Krishna Gopal, president IVRCL Ltd _ a prominent professional in engineering and infrastructure industry in India, known as RK GOPAL NANDURI and NRK, lives in Hyderabad.