A Line 1 train at Sanshan Street Station
|Transit type||Rapid transit|
|Number of lines||5 (3 urban metro lines
+ 2 suburban metro lines)
|Number of stations||67 (urban metro only)
92 (including S1 and S8 line)
|Daily ridership||1.4884 million (Dec. 2014 avg.)
1.99 million (31 Dec. 2014 record)
|Annual ridership||503 million (2014) |
|Began operation||3 September 2005|
|Number of vehicles||Alstom Metropolis|
|System length||98.45 km (61.17 mi) (urban only)
179.45 km (111.51 mi) (incl. S1 and S8)
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
|Electrification||5 kV DC overhead lines|
The Nanjing Metro is the metro system serving the city of Nanjing (Nanking), China, which is also de jure capital of the Republic of China. It opened in 2005, and currently there are three urban metro lines traveling on 98.45 kilometers (61.17 mi) of route; additionally, there are two suburban metro lines in operation, resulting in a metro system with a grand total of 179.45 kilometers (111.51 mi) of route. The total length of the system ranks fourth in China, after Shanghai, Beijing and Guangzhou.
- 1 Current system
- 2 Under Construction
- 3 Nanjing Metro Blueprint 2030
- 4 Ticket system
- 5 Rolling stock
- 6 Signaling System
- 7 Gallery
- 8 See also
- 9 Notes
- 10 References
- 11 External links
|China Pharmaceutical University (Jiangning)||2005||2010||38.9 km||27|
|Sub-Total (urban metro only)||98.45 km||67[Note 1]|
|Nanjing South Railway Station
|Nanjing Lukou International Airport
|Grand Total||179.45 km||92[Note 2]|
Line 1 runs mainly in a north-south direction. The line starts at Maigaoqiao station in the north, heading southwards to CPU (China Pharmaceutical University).
The construction of Line 1 began in the year 2000 and was inaugurated on September 3, 2005, with 16 stations and a length of 21.72 kilometers (13.50 mi).
On May 28, 2010, Line 1's 24.5-kilometer (15.2 mi) long south extension entered into operation. Thus, before the completion of Line 10, Line 1 was 46.2-kilometer (28.7 mi) long with 31 stations.
The branch line (Andemen to Olympic Stadium) broke away from Line 1 and formed parts of Line 10, when the latter's construction finished and entered operation in July 1, 2014. Currently, Line 1 is 38.9-kilometer (24.2 mi) long and has 27 stations.
Line 2 is 37.95-kilometer (23.58 mi) long and has 26 stations. It runs mainly in an east-west direction, from Youfangqiao Station in the southwest to Jingtianlu Station in the northeast. It entered into operation on May 28, 2010
Line 10 is a western extension from Line 1's Olympic Stadium branch line, which broke away from Line 1 and formed part of Line 10 when the new line was completed. Construction started in February 2012, finished in 2014. The line is approximately 21.6-kilometer (13.4 mi) long with 14 stations, and entered operation in July 1, 2014.
Originally called Metro Line 6, Line S1 or the Ninggao Intercity Rail Line acts as Nanjing's airport express line, connecting Nanjing South Railway Station to Gaochun District via Nanjing Lukou International Airport. The entire line is planned to be 85.8-kilometer (53.3 mi) long and has 13 stations. The first phase from Nanjing South to Lukou International Airport started construction in December 27, 2011, and finished in 2014. The first phase opened in July 1, 2014. It's 35.8-kilometer (22.2 mi) long with 8 stations. The second phase will open in 2015, completing the whole line.
Originally planned as Metro Line 11, Line S8 or the Ningtian Intercity Rail Line is an intercity metro line that will connect Luhe District to Pukou District. The Line is 45.2-kilometer (28.1 mi) long, 34.1 km of the line will be elevated. The line will feature 17 stations including 6 underground stations and 11 elevated ones. It will use B size trains in 4 car sets that are capable of running up to 100 km/h. The line started construction June 21, 2012 and was officially opened on August 1, 2014.
Originally planned as Metro Line 12, Line S3 or the Ninghe Intercity Rail Line started construction in late 2011 with a planned opening date of 2015. The line is 37.76 km long with 18 stations and will connect urban Nanjing to He County in neighboring Anhui Province.
Nanjing Metro Blueprint 2030
According to the latest report, the Nanjing Municipal Government plans to complete 17 lines by 2030.
Like many metro systems in the world, fares on the Nanjing Subway are distance-based. Fares range from 2 yuan (approx USD $0.30) for journeys under 8 stations, to 5 yuan for longer journeys. There is a 5% discount for users of the Nanjing Public Utility IC Card.
Single journey tickets can be purchased from the ticket vending machine or at a ticket window. The ticket vending machine accepts both coins and bills (¥5 and ¥10).
Apart from one-way tickets, fares can be paid with the Nanjing Public Utility IC Card, or Jinlingtong (Chinese: 金陵通; pinyin: Jīnlíngtōng). It can be purchased for a refundable fee of 25 yuan (about 3.8 dollars) and refilled at ticket booths inside the metro stations as well as many collaborative convenience stores throughout the city. The card can be used to pay for other means of public transportation, such as the city taxi and the city bus.
- 20 six-car Alstom/Nanjing Puzhen Rolling Stock Works Metropolis sets - ordered in 2002 for Line 1 opening.
- 21 six-car Alstom/Nanjing Puzhen Rolling Stock Works Metropolis ordered January 2008 for Line 1 extension.
- 144 Alstom/Nanjing Puzhen Rolling Stock Works Metropolis cars ordered 2007 for Line 2.
For Line 1, Siemens Transportation Systems (TS) was awarded the supply contract in November 2002.
For Line 2, Siemens Transportation Systems (TS) and its local partner Nanjing Research Institute of Electronic Technology (NRIET) have been awarded to supply the signaling system after signing a contract (about 25 million Euro). Technologies used include Trainguard MT, Vicos OC 501, Sicas ECC and Az S 350 U axle counting system.
- This figure involves counting the two interchanges once for every line that it is part of. If every interchange is only counted once, there will be 64 stations.
- This figure involves counting the two interchanges once for every line that it is part of. If every interchange is only counted once, there will be 89 stations.
- 昨客流199万，分线后一号线首破百万，2号线、10号线创单线新高~ (in Chinese). 1 Jan 2015. Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- (in Chinese). Jiangsu Province Development and Reform Commission. 15 January 2015 http://www.jsdpc.gov.cn:8081/was5/web/search?token=65.1362573679225.97&channelid=237336. Retrieved 2014-01-29. Missing or empty
- 南京铁运年客运量突破五亿人次 (in Chinese). Xici. 1 January 2015. Retrieved 2013-01-20.
- 首页 > 运营服务 > 一号线 [Home > Operations Services > Line 1] (in Chinese). 南京地铁官方网站 [Nanjing Metro official website]. Retrieved 2014-07-03.
- 首页 > 运营服务 > 二号线 [Home > Operations Services > Line 2] (in Chinese). 南京地铁官方网站 [Nanjing Metro official website]. Retrieved 2015-01-26.
- 首页 > 运营服务 > 十号线 [Home > Operations Services > Line 10] (in Chinese). 南京地铁官方网站 [Nanjing Metro official website]. Retrieved 2014-07-03.
- 首页 > 运营服务 > 机场线 [Home > Operations Services > Airport Line] (in Chinese). 南京地铁官方网站 [Nanjing Metro official website]. Retrieved 2014-07-03.
- 首页 > 运营服务 > 宁天城际 [Home > Operations Services > Ning day intercity line] (in Chinese). 南京地铁官方网站 [Nanjing Metro official website]. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Nanjing metro inaugurated". Railway Gazette International. 1 October 2005. Retrieved 2014-07-03.
- "Nanjing Metro places €85·5m train order". Railway Gazette International. 25 January 2008. Retrieved 2014-07-03.
- 南京地铁二号线载人模拟运营]. Sina News (in Chinese). Retrieved 2010-05-25.
- 地铁1号线四站将于6月1日起开始割接 [Four Stations of Metro Line 1 will start from June 1 cutover] (in Chinese). 南京地铁官方网站 [Nanjing Metro official website]. 29 May 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-03.
- 南京地铁三号线暨一号线西延过江线试验段开工 [Nanjing Metro Line Line 1-cum-west extension line test section over the river started]. www.ce.cn (www.chinaeconomy.cn) (in Chinese). 11 January 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-25.
- 南京地铁10号线、机场线明晨6点通车 运营时刻早知道 [Nanjing Metro Line 10, the opening of the airport line tomorrow morning 6:00 to be operational at that time]. 扬子晚报网 [Yangzi Evening News Network] (in Chinese). 30 June 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-03.
- 地铁机场线、宁天城际一期工程传新动态 [Metro airport line, intercity one day pass new dynamic project]. www.HOUSE365.com (in Chinese). 26 April 2012. Retrieved 2014-07-03.
- 南京开建地铁机场线 第一次地铁将抵达机场 [Nanjing Metro to start building the first metro line will arrive at the airport]. 中国江苏网 [China Jiangsu Network] (in Chinese). 28 December 2011. Retrieved 2014-07-03.
- 大桥北路到金牛湖将只要半小时. 南京日报.
- 宁天城际一期开工 青奥会前通车. 南京日报.
- 南京地铁三号线开工; Retrieved 2010-03-06.
- 南京地铁4号线年底前开工; Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- 南京轨道交通线网共17条; Retrieved 2010-03-06.
- "Shanghai and Nanjing order cars". Railway Gazette International. 2007-06-01.
- "Siemens to supply advanced signaling and control systems to Nanjing Metro Line 2". Siemens AG. 20 April 2007. Retrieved 2008-06-30.[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nanjing Metro.|