Nankai Kōya Line
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (November 2006)|
Nankai Koya Line
A Rinkan limited express service
|Locale||Osaka Prefecture, Wakayama Prefecture|
|Owner||Nankai Electric Railway|
|Line length||64.5 km (40.1 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
|Electrification||1,500 V DC, overhead catenary|
|Operating speed||100 km/h (60 mph)|
The Nankai Kōya Line (南海高野線 Nankai Kōya-sen?) is a railway line in Osaka Prefecture and Wakayama Prefecture, Japan, operated by the private railway operator Nankai Electric Railway. It connects Osaka and Koyasan, the capital of the Japanese Buddhist sect Shingon, via the suburbs of Osaka, such as Sakai, Osakasayama, Tondabayashi and Kawachinagano in Osaka Prefecture and Hashimoto and Kōya in Wakayama Prefecture. The Kōya Line is indicated, to distinguish it from other Nankai Lines, with pictograms of coniferous-like trees which infer Mount Koya, or with the line colour, green.
For historical reasons, the line formally begins at Shiomibashi Station in Osaka and crosses the Nankai Main Line, the company's other main line, at Kishinosato-Tamade Station, though operationally it starts at Namba Station together with the Nankai Line, diverges at Kishinosato-Tamade Station and goes to Gokurakubashi Station, to connect to Koyasan through Nankai Cable Line.
The section from Shiomibashi to Kishinosato-Tamade, called the "Shiomibashi Line" (汐見橋線?), has trains operating only in between those two stations. The section from Hashimoto to Gokurakubashi and the Koyasan Cable is named the "Koya Flower Railway" (こうや花鉄道?) by operating a sightseeing train "Tenku".
- Local (各駅停車 Kakueki Teisha?) (Lo)
- Between Namba and Sakaihigashi, Kitanoda, Kongō, Chiyoda, Kawachinagano, Miikkaichichō, Rinkanden-entoshi or Hashimoto, and between Hashimoto and Kōyashita or Gokurakubashi.
- Semi-Express (準急 Junkyū?) (SE)
- All the southbound trains are operated from Namba to Kōmyōike or Izumi-Chūō on the Semboku Rapid Railway Line. On weekday mornings, northbound trains for Namba are operated from Mikkaichicho, Kawachinagano and Chiyoda in addition to the through trains from the Semboku Rapid Railway Line.
- Sub Express (区間急行 Kukan Kyūkō?) (SbE)
- Trains are operated between Namba and Kawachinagano, Miikkaichichō or Rinkanden-entoshi. Through trains from the Semboku Rapid Railway Line to Namba are available on weekday mornings.
- Express (急行 Kyūkō?) (Ex)
- Trains are operated mainly between Namba and Miikkaichichō, Rinkanden-entoshi or Hashimoto. Several trains are operated between Namba and Kōyashita or Gokurakubashi.
- Rapid Express (快速急行 Kaisoku Kyūkō?) (RE)
- All trains are operated between Namba and Gokurakubashi, and use a special "Zoomcar" rolling stock. On weekday evenings, southbound trains for Hashimoto from Namba are operated using other rolling stock.
- Limited Express (特急 Tokkyū?) (LE)
- The Kōya (こうや?) operates between Namba and Gokurakubashi, and the Rinkan (りんかん?) between Namba and Hashimoto. All seats of both trains are reserved.
- Sightseeing train Tenku (観光列車「天空」?) (Tk)
- From July 3, 2009, trains operate between Hashimoto and Gokurakubashi daily except Wednesdays and Thursdays from March until November, and on Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays from December until February. They stop at Kamuro and Kudoyama.
- For fare calculation, the distance between Tengachaya and Tezukayama is defined as 1.8 km
Namba - Kishinosato-Tamade - Gokurakubashi
|Nankai Main Line||NK01||Namba||Lo SE SB Ex RE LE||Chūō-ku, Osaka||Osaka Prefecture|
|NK03||Shin-Imamiya||Lo SE SB Ex RE LE||Nishinari-ku, Osaka|
|NK05||Tengachaya||Lo SE SB Ex RE LE|
|NK56||Sakaihigashi||Lo SE SB Ex RE LE|
|NK59||Nakamozu||Lo SE||Kita-ku, Sakai|
|NK61||Hatsushiba||Lo SE||Higashi-ku, Sakai|
|NK63||Kitanoda||Lo SE SB Ex RE|
|NK64||Sayama||Lo SE SB||Osakasayama|
|NK65||Ōsakasayamashi||Lo SE SB|
|NK66||Kongō||Lo SE SB Ex RE LE|
|NK67||Takidani||Lo SE SB||Tondabayashi|
|NK68||Chiyoda||Lo SE SB||Kawachinagano|
|NK69||Kawachinagano||Lo SE SB Ex RE LE|
|NK70||Mikkaichichō||Lo SE SB Ex RE|
|NK71||Mikanodai||Lo SB Ex RE|
|NK72||Chihayaguchi||Lo SB Ex|
|NK73||Amami||Lo SB Ex|
|NK74||Kimitōge||Lo SB Ex||Hashimoto||Wakayama Prefecture|
|NK75||Rinkanden'entoshi||Lo SB Ex RE LE|
|NK76||Miyukitsuji||Lo SB Ex RE|
|NK77||Hashimoto||Lo SB Ex RE Tk LE|
|NK78||Kii-Shimizu||Lo Ex RE|
|NK79||Kamuro||Lo Ex RE Tk|
|NK80||Kudoyama||Lo Ex RE Tk||Kudoyama, Ito District|
|NK81||Kōyashita||Lo Ex RE|
|NK82||Shimo-Kosawa||Lo Ex RE|
|NK83||Kami-Kosawa||Lo Ex RE|
|NK84||Kii-Hosokawa||Lo Ex RE||Koya, Ito District|
|NK85||Kii-Kamiya||Lo Ex RE|
|NK86||Gokurakubashi||Lo Ex RE Tk LE|
Shiomibashi - Kishinosato-Tamade
The section is known as the Shiomibashi Line (汐見橋線?).
|NK06-5||Shiomibashi||Naniwa-ku, Osaka||Osaka Prefecture|