Nano Assault Neo
|Nano Assault Neo|
|Genre(s)||Shoot 'em up|
Nano Assault Neo is a twin-stick shoot 'em up video game developed by Shin'en and released on the Nintendo eShop for the Wii U. It was a launch title for the system on 18 November 2012 in North America, and in PAL regions on 30 November 2012. It was later released in Japan on 27 February 2013, by Arc System Works. It is the sequel to the 2011 Nintendo 3DS game Nano Assault.
The object of the game is to eradicate the microscopic deadly Nanostray[Note 1] virus, before it wipes out humanity. Players pilot a small capsule over various body cells and are required to fire upon enemy virus particles. The game is divided into 4 clusters, each featuring 4 further levels, which the player must complete to unlock the next. Players can also collect tokens which can be used to purchase power-ups in-between levels, such as shields and special items. Online leaderboards are also featured. The game supports Off-TV Play. A co-operative local multiplayer mode allows for two people to play each level simultaneously, with one player using the Wii U GamePad and the other using a Pro Controller, Wii Remote and Nunchuk or Classic Controller, on the TV.
The game has received mainly positive and some mixed reviews, with a current score on Metacritic of 71. Nintendo Life gave the game an 8/10, calling it "a great game that is a little light on content." IGN gave it a 9/10, strongly praising its graphics, calling it "a visual spectacle. Truly, wonderfully stunning." Conversely, Eurogamer was much more critical, saying, "Nano Assault Neo is my least favourite kind of game; the kind that follows in others' footsteps with little to call its own." 
- "Nano Assault NEO". Shin'en Multimedia GmbH. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- "Wii U | ナノアサルト | ネオ Nintendo" (in Japanese). Nintendo Co., Ltd. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- Thomas, Lucas. "Nano Assault Neo Review - IGN". IGN Entertainment. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- Malina, Tom. "Wii U eShop - Feature - NintendoWorldReport". NintendoWorldReport. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- "Nano Assault Neo for Wii U Reviews - Metacritic". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- DelVillano, Ron. "Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) Review - Nintendo Life". Nintendo Life. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- Matulef, Jeffrey. "Nano Assault Neo review". Eurogamer.net. Retrieved 8 June 2013.