Nantucket Nectars is a beverage company created by Tom First and Tom Scott who met at Brown University in 1985. After graduation they headed to Nantucket where they started Allserve, a floating convenience store servicing boats in Nantucket Harbor, delivering everything from newspapers to laundry.
In 1989, First attempted to recreate a peach drink that he drank on a regular basis while on a trip to Spain. After successfully re-creating the taste, the two began mixing the juice in a blender, pasteurizing it, and bottling it themselves. The following summer they sold it off their boat, and it was not until later that they decided to call it Nantucket Nectars.
Nantucket Nectars was purchased by Ocean Spray of Lakeville, Mass in 1997, sold to London-based Cadbury Schweppes PLC in 2002 and is currently owned by Plano, TX-based Dr Pepper Snapple Group. The founders are no longer involved in the day-to-day operations, but still perform marketing duties and voice the radio ads.
Nantucket Nectars come in a variety of different flavors. These include:
- Lemon Tea
- Half and Half
- Orange Mango
- Pineapple Orange Guava
- Pomegranate Cherry
- Pomegranate Pear
- Red Plum
- Carrot Orange Mango
- Squeezed Lemonade
- Kiwi Berry
- Peach Orange
- Pineapple Orange Banana
- Pressed Apple
- Premium Orange
- Watermelon Strawberry
- Big Cranberry
- "A drink with an attitude". Forbes. 1997-02-10. Retrieved 2009-05-30.
- "Nantucket Nectars Harvard Business Case - Harvard Business School ($)". Harvard Business Publishing. 1998-02-05. Retrieved 2009-05-30.
- "Juiced up and ready to go". The Washington Times, LLC. 1997-06-05. Retrieved 2009-05-30.
- "Nantucket Nectars Sold". SouthCoastToday. AP. March 26, 2002. Archived from the original on September 16, 2012. Retrieved September 16, 2012.
- "Our Brands - Dr Pepper Snapple Group". Dr Pepper Snapple Group. 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-31.