|• Pinyin||Yún Nán|
"Welcome To Nanyang" arc
Yunnan is a sub-zone of Jurong.
- 1 Politics
- 2 Housing
- 3 Places of worship
- 4 Security
- 5 Education
- 6 Recreation
- 7 Community clubs
- 8 Commercial areas
- 9 Transportation
- 10 Neighbouring areas
- 11 References
- 12 External links
- The West portion of the sub-zone is referred to as Nanyang (part of Chua Chu Kang constituency).
- The East portion of the sub-zone is referred to as Gek Poh (part of Hong Kah North constituency).
Both constituencies and the HDB estates in them are managed by Chua Chu Kang Town Council.
- The South portion of the sub-zone is referred to as Pioneer (part of Pioneer constituency).
The estate (986A–990C) in this constituency is managed by West Coast Town Council.
There are a total of 219 housing blocks and 747 landed houses in this sub-zone. Of the 219 housing blocks, 203 are public apartments, 13 are blocks of private housing and 3 are hostel blocks.
HDB estates at N7
|73||732–739||8||The blocks in this estate each have a colour theme of its own.|
|73||Gek Poh Ville||743–751||9||Named after "Gek Poh Road", a street that existed before N6 (670A–674B) was developed.|
|74/75||763–766||4||This is the town centre for "Gek Poh" (part of Hong Kah North constituency)|
HDB estates at N8
HDB estates at N9
|91||902–911||10||This is the Western-most HDB estate in Singapore.|
|91||Nanyang Emerald||912–926, 928–932||20|
|91||959–966||8||This is the town centre for Nanyang Constituency.|
|93||986A–986C, 987A–987D, 988A–988C, 989A–989D, 990A–990C||17|
|Avenue 5||Westwood Park||176||Landed|
|81/Avenue 5||The Floravale||218, 220/2/6/8, 230/2/4/6, 240/2/4/6||13||Apartment|
|Westwood Avenue||The Woods||93||Landed (under construction)|
|Ave 5/Jalan Bahar||15/17/19||3||Student hostel|
Places of worship
- Jin Fu Gong Temple is at Street 92.
- City Harvest Church is at the junction of Street 91 and Pioneer Road North.
- Victory Family Centre is at Street 74.
- The Jurong Police Division Headquarters is located at the junction of Avenue 5 and Jalan Bahar. It also houses the Nanyang Neighbourhood Police Centre as well.
- The Nanyang Extended Police Post is located within the Nanyang Community Centre, at the junction of Street 91 and Pioneer North.
There are 7 education institutions in this sub-zone, namely
The Jurong West Sports and Recreation Centre is located at the south portion of the sub-zone, along Street 93 and Pioneer Road North whereas there are 2 parks in this sub-zone; Yunnan Park at Street 93 and Jurong West Park at Street 81.
There are 2 community clubs in this sub-zone.
- Nanyang Community Club is at the junction of Street 91 and Pioneer Road North.
- Gek Poh Vile Community Club is at the junction of Street 75 and 74.
There are 2 commercial areas in this sub-zone, at Street 91 and at Gek Poh Shopping Centre (along Street 75) whereas both areas each feature a supermarket managed by Prime Group International.
There are 4 main roads in this sub-zone, Jalan Bahar, Jurong West Avenue 4/2, Pioneer Road North and Upper Jurong Road/Boon Lay Way. These main roads branch out to several minor roads (Streets and Avenues) in the sub-zone.
There are bus services in the sub-zone, namely those were the feeders - 241, 242 and 243. These services connect the sub-zone's neighborhoods to the rail network. It takes around 10 minutes to commute on these services to get to Boon Lay or Pioneer MRT station from the sub-zone's most distant neighborhoods.
4 trunk bus services, namely 99, 179, 181 and 185. 179 goes to Nanyang Technological University whereas 181 goes to Wenya. Express 502 also goes to Marina Centre whereas 536 goes to Shenton Way and 651 to Marina Boulevard, which provides direct connection to the city. Night buses NR5 and 5N also connects there.
||Western Water Catchment|
|Kian Teck||Jurong West Central||Boon Lay|
- Chua Chu Kang Town Council
- Blocks 959 - 966 Jurong West Street 92 on HDB Infoweb
- Neighbourhood Complex : Block 762 Jurong West Street 75 on HDB Infoweb
- Nanyang Constituency Website
- Gek Poh Ville Website