|• Total||275.73 km2 (106.46 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,266/km2 (3,280/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
|Website||Official Map of Naogaon Sadar|
In British India sub-districts were called as "Thana", which were mainly exercised by the police. When development activities become widespread, it would be known as a development circle. In 1949 Naogaon Sadar was declared as a thana, in 1960 as a development circle and in 1984 as a sub-district.
Naogaon Sadar is located at. It has more than 80,000 units of house hold and total area of about 275.73 km².
At the 2001 Bangladesh census, Naogaon Sadar had a population of 348,940. Males constituted 51.58% of the population, and females 48.42%. Naogaon Sadar had an average literacy rate of 34.5% (7+ years), against the national average of 32.4% literate.
Naogaon Sadar has 12 Unions/Wards, 237 Mauzas/Mahallas, and 215 villages.:
- M P :Md. Abdul Malek
- Mayor of Naogaon Municipality: Nazmul Haque Sony
- Upazilas of Bangladesh
- Districts of Bangladesh
- Divisions of Bangladesh
- Naogaon District
- Naogaon town
- "এক নজরে উপজেলা" [Sub-district at a glance] (in Bengali). Dcnaogaon.gov.bd. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS.". Archived from the original on 27 March 2005. Retrieved 10 November 2006.
- Md. Moklesur Rahman (2012). "Naogaon Sadar Upazila". In Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- Tilakpur Railway Station (Credit:Tilakpur Union) - Bangladesh/
- Panoramio - Photo of Tilakpur Railway Station (Credit:Tilakpur Union)
|This Rajshahi Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|