From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Naos can mean:
- Another name for the star Zeta Puppis.
- In classical architecture it refers to the Cella, i.e. the inner chamber of a temple which houses a cult figure.
- In Egyptology, naos refers to that which is hidden and unknown inside the inner sanctum of a temple, but also to little boxlike shrines, carried by statues etc.
- In Byzantine architecture the naos of a church refers to the space where the liturgy took place.
- NAOS (Nasmyth Adaptive Optics System) is a system of adaptive optics used to correct atmospheric distortions of astronomical images.
- Naos is a fortified island located in Panama Bay.
- Naos is a city in Namibia.
- Bislama for Tahitian apple.
- Naos International is the name of an executive search firm.
- Naos Floors Ltd. are a flooring company based in Tonbridge, Kent. They specialise in Natural Stone Tiles, Wooden Flooring and Porcelain Tiles and can offer fully managed installations or supply only. www.naosfloors.co.uk
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.