Napolact is a Romanian dairy producer. Napolact S.A. has two factories, the one in Cluj Napoca (Baciu) and the other one in Ţaga.
Number of employees 2011: 394.
Turnover 2009: 233.278.254 RON.
Napolact can be tracked back in time in Vlad’s workshop. Documents about it exist since 1905. The producer of butter and cow cheese, the Vlad workshop manufactures yoghurt for the first time and introduces it on the market in Cluj. Starting 1936, he produces fermented and melted cheese that he exports to different countries, among them the USA. After nationalization in 1934, Vlad’s workshop turns into The Manufacturing and The Industrialization of Milk Cluj, that, after 1990 is also known as S.C. Napolact S.A. In 2004, Napolact is bought by the Dutch Friesland Foods. In 2009, it merges with Campina, forming FrieslandCampina.
- Milk from the heart of Transylvania
- Simple yoghurts: Jus’ Good yoghurt, Gentle yoghurt, Mighty yoghurt
- Sour cream: Gospodar, Prima
- “Tastes from long ago” range – yoghurt with green nuts jam, yoghurt with sour cherries jam, yoghurt with black currant jam, rose jam.
- “Reason for a break” range - sana with honey and walnuts, sana with honey and hazelnuts, sana with black currants, buttermilk, sana, kefir and Gentle yoghurt.
- Classic: Moeciu fermented cheese, burduf cheese, cottage cheese, Bobâlna and Tarnița (smoked) yellow cheese, Mozzarella, Huedin cow-milk white cheese.
- Delicacies: Nasal, Târnava, Alpina, Smoked Alpina, Montana.
- Cedra range: Huedin sheep-milk white cheese, Huedin buffalo-milk white cheese, Dej cow and sheep milk yellow cheese, Sacele sheep-milk yellow cheese.
Certified traditional Romanian products
Several Napolact dairy products have been certified as traditional Romanian products: the Cedra yoghurt, Năsal, Târnava, Alpina and Smoked Alpina fermented cheeses, Bobâlna and Dej cheese and Huedin white cheese.
Ţaga Natural Cave
At Ţaga, Cluj County, in a natural cave from the Middle Ages, Napolact manufactures several types of cheese in microbiological conditions that are unique in the world. The rock of the cave and the Brevibacterium linens bacteria which developed in it, the constant temperature and humidity, act on the cheeses produced here.
Official website: http://www.napolact.ro
Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development: http://www.madr.ro/pages/page.php?self=01&sub=0103&tz=010303