Napoleon Township, Henry County, Ohio
|Napoleon Township, Ohio|
|• Total||35.1 sq mi (90.9 km2)|
|• Land||34.7 sq mi (89.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.4 sq mi (1.1 km2)|
|Elevation||676 ft (206 m)|
|• Density||297.9/sq mi (115.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||43545, 43550|
|GNIS feature ID||1086294|
Napoleon Township is one of the thirteen townships of Henry County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 10,331 people in the township, 1,513 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Freedom Township - north
- Liberty Township - northeast
- Harrison Township - east
- Monroe Township - southeast corner
- Flatrock Township - south
- Richland Township, Defiance County - southwest corner
- Adams Township, Defiance County - west
- Ridgeville Township - northwest corner
Name and history
It is the only Napoleon Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Henry County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.