|Elevation||55 m (180 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||08647 or +91-8647|
Popularly known as Gateway of Palnadu, Narasaraopet or Narasaraopeta is a town in Guntur district, Andhra Pradesh, India. The name comes from Narasa Rao, a wealthy landlord who owned much of the surrounding areas some time back. The town is also the headquarters of a mandal of the same name.
Narasaraopet is the major commercial trading center after Tenali in coastal Andhra Pradesh, Have lot of educational institutes. This is the second largest town in Guntur District. Narasaraopet is built on flat land ringed by hills that are an offshoot of the Eastern Ghats. The summer months can get exceedingly hot while winters are mild. Rainfall is due to the monsoon and is concentrated in the months of July–September.
The average annual rainfall of Narasaraopet is 761 millimeters. The southwest monsoon season contributes 400 mm northeast monsoon contributes 299 mm. Premonsoonal thundershowers contribute 75 mm.
on October 24 2013 record breaking rainfall of 320mm fell in just 24 hours
As per provisional data of 2011 census, Narasaraopet urban agglomeration had a population of 117,568, out of which males were 59,514 and females were 58,054. The literacy rate was 79.30 per cent.
Population of Narasaraopet town is 116329 as per official census report for 2011. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Narasaraopet city has an average literacy rate of 74%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 78%, and female literacy is 69%. In Narasaraopet, 17% of the population is under 6 years of age. This is the second largest town in Guntur District. A majority of the population is Hindu with small communities of Muslims and Christians.
By 2007 Narasaraopet town completed its 300 years of history. It has celebrated 200 years completion (Dwisatabhdi utsavalu) celebration. Historically the area is ruled by Reddy rajulu.
Freedom fighter S. Narasimha Reddy, who played an important role during the freedom struggle, hails from this region. Narasaraopet is both a Lok Sabha and an assembly constituency. Prominent people elected from here to the State Assembly include the former Chief Minister Kasu Brahmananda Reddy (1964–71) and Telugu Desam Party leader, Kodela Siva Prasad Rao(1983–2004)(Ex-Home & Health Minister in NTR’s Govt). The present representation for the assembly is by Kasu Venkata Krishna Reddy M.L.A since 2004. Konijeti Rosaiah was elected to the Lok Sabha from this constituency in 1998. Modugula Venugopala Reddy was elected to the Lok Sabha from this constituency in 2009.
- 1964 - Kasu Brahmananda Reddy - Congress
- 1983-2004 - Kodela Siva Prasad Rao - TDP
- 2004 - Kasu Venkata Krishna Reddy - Congress
- 2009 - Kasu Venkata Krishna Reddy - Congress
Narasaraopet is located on the Guntur - Vinukonda - Kurnool - Bellary Road and East side of Chennai - Hyderabad Highway. The town is about 45 km from Guntur and 250 km from the state capital Hyderabad. Regular bus services run from here to both these towns apart from Srisailam and Kurnool and Vijayawada. It is a station on the Hubli-Vijayawada line of South Central Railway and falls under the Guntur division. Train services connect it to Hubli, Secunderabad and Bangalore among others. The nearest airport is around a 100 km away in Vijayawada with flights to Hyderabad, Bangalore, New Delhi and Chennai.
Other Nearest towns
- Sattenapalle - 22 km distance, Mode of transportation is Bus.
- Vinukonda - 43 km distance, Mode of transportation is Bus, Train.
- Chilakaluripet - 21 km distance, Mode of transportation is Bus.
- Piduguralla - 34 km distance, Mode of transportation is Bus.
- Kotappakonda is the site of a major religious fair dedicated to Shiva.
- Guthikonda, which is close to Karampudi and 38 km from Narasaraopet Guthikonda, has caves which are located amidst dense forest. The environment here is serene and legend has it that many rishis meditated here for centuries. The place is also popularly known as Dakshina Kasi.
- Chejarla Village has a famous Kapoteswara alayam which is believed to have been built in the 1st century AD. There is a myth that Lord Vishnu tested the Maharaja Sibi Chakravarthy.
- Kalika matha temple in Isappalem village is famous. It is located on the Sattenapalli road after ayyappa swamy temple. (around 2 km away)
- The next village located after Isappalem is Mulakaluru,It is famous for Neelampati Laxmi matha temple at the entrance and the speciality of the village is it stands for the word 'UNITY IN DIVERSITY' because here in this village we can find the people of all the communities and religions like Muslims,Hindus(OC,BC),Christians(ST&SC).The code of this village is 590148.This village is located at the center in west pamidipadu and agraharam,in east peddareddy palem and in north muppalla and in the south narasaraopet.
- Seetharama Swamy temple
- Pattabhi Rama Swamy temple
- Geetha Mandir
- Paathuri Sivalayam
- Paathuri Anjaneya swamy temple
- Bhavannarayana Swamy temple
- Sankara matham(శంకరమఠం)
- Ayyappa Swamy temple - Sattenapalli Road
- Shivalayam Temaple
- Prasannanjaneya swamy temple - Station Road
- Iskcon Sri Radha krishna Mandir - Barampeta
- Chowdamma temple(old) Rami Reddy Pet(pala kendram eduru bajaru)
- Chowdamma temple—Pedda Cheruvu(Paathuri Sivalayam back side)
- Shirdi Sai Baba Temple - Sattenapalli Road
- Sathya Sai Mandir - Sattenapalli Road
- Veera Brahmendra Swamy Temple - Srirampuram
- Sri Venkateswara VeeraAnjaneya Swami Temple-Prakashnagar
- shridi sai baba Temple- prakash nagar
- kalyana venkateswara swamy temple- kotappakonda road
- Sri Kusumaharanatha Baba Manadir
- Sri Panduranga Swamy Temple
- Sri Shirdi Sabi Baba temple (Jonnalagadda) Guntur road
- Sri Vallabharaya Swamy Temple(Pamidipadu Agraharam)Founder'sBELLAMKONDAFAMILY.AGRAHARICAN'S.
- Sri Someswara Swamy Temple (Pamidipadu Agraharam)Founder's-BELLAMKONDAFAMILY.AGRAHARICAN'S.
- Sri Prasannanjaneya Swamy Temple(DondapaduAgraharam)Founder'sBELLAMKONDAFAMILY.AGRAHARICAN'S
- Prasanna Anjaneya Swamy Temple, Arundalpet (Near SBI&AB)
- sri seetharama swamy temple, sreerampuram
Retail shopping malls and Educational Institutions
Chandra shopping mall,Hariyali, Grand city shopping mall, More Super Market, kalamandir,Sri SaiRam Enterprises-palnaduroad, Hero show room-ravipadu road, honda show room-More center.
Colleges in Narasaraopet
Narasaraopet is surrounded by many engineering & pharmacy colleges, They are
- Narasaraopeta Engineering College (near Yellamanda, Kotappakonda Road)
- Narasaraopeta Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (NIPS)
- Tirumala Engineering College (Jonnalagadda)
- Siddhartha Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, (Jonnalagadda)
- Amara Institute of Engineering and Technology (Satuluru)
- Paladugu Nagaiah Chowdary & Vijai Institute of Engineering & Technology (Repudi Village, Phirangipuram Mandal)
- Eswar College Of Engineering (Kesanupalli Village)
- Krishnaveni Engineering College for Women (Kesanupalli) - http://www.kecw.edu.in/
- Narasaraopet Institute of Technology (near Yellamanda, Kotappakonda Road)
- E.V.M. College of Engineering and Technology (near Sathulur, Guntur Road)
- A.M. Reddy College of Engineering and Technology (near Petrupalem, Vinukonda Road)
Narasaraopet is surrounded by dental colleges, medical colleges and pharmacy colleges.
Degree and PG colleges are:
- Sri Subbaraya & Narayana College
- P.N.C. & K.R College - http://www.pnckr.com/
- S.K.B.R. Collgee
- N.B.T.R College
- Krishnaveni Degree & P.G College
- Vasavi Degree college
- EVM Engineering College
- Amara Engineering College
- Tirumala Engineering College
- Some of the colleges offer MCA, MBA, MS (IT), M.sc (maths, physics, chemistry, microbiology), MA, M.Com
- vidya Bharathi Junior College.
Villages In Narasaraopet Mandal
- Peda Reddy Palem
- K.M Agraharam
- Guntagarlapadu Agraharam ( Owned by BELLAMKONDA Family. Agraharicans.)
- Dondapadu Agraharam ( Owned by BELLAMKONDA Family. Agraharicans.)
- Pamidipadu Agraharam ( Owned by BELLAMKONDA Family. Agraharicans.)
- Lingamguntla Agraharam
- Petluri Vari Palem
- Konda Kavuru
- Vipparllapalli (Viprulapalli Agraharam)
- Rotaract club of Narasaraopet Dist-3150
- Rotary club of Narasaraopet Dist-3150
- Lions club of narasaropet
- Vasavi club
- Vasavi club youth
- vasavi club families
Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Canara Bank, Central Bank of India, City Union Bank, Corporation Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Indian Bank,Indian Overseas Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, Union Bank of India, Yes Bank ,The Lakshmi Vilas Bank
- "List of Sub-Districts". Census of India. Retrieved 2007-04-27.
- "Urban Agglomerations/Cities having population 1 lakh and above". Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 2012-10-20.